Gluten Free?

Options
After months of pain and misery my doctor finally diagnosed me with a gluten allergy. I'd love to find friends to help me on this journey, I'm finding it to be very frustrating.

I've been doing a Low Carb diet for over a year and a half and have had amazing results! Adding the low carb to the gluten free has been miserable!

Would love to find friends who are also Gluten Free and could help me learn more about this. Please let me stalk your food diary!

Replies

• loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request and my diary is open.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Might need to go gluten free....would also love to know more!!!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm a Coeliac and also haver an open diary. There is also a gluten free group on here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/112-gluten-free
  • losing1tdb
    losing1tdb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't have to be gluten free just wheat free. That being said sometimes its just easier for me to look for gluten free on containers. If you want to add me feel free but know that I'm not strictly gluten free. I work with a nutritionist who has provided some really great recommendations so you might want to consult with one if you haven't. I'm in WI and was charged $140 for initial visit (after a 1 hr consultation, her taking some measurements ie BMR, and ER reviewing a 1 week food log). Follow up visits are $35 & we are going to spend my next appointment wandering around the grocery store. I've found it to be extremely helpful.

Good luck!
  • aliacrandall
    Options
    Hey there! I've had a terrible gluten allergy for most of my life. I haven't eaten any in many years. I'd love to help you out if I can or answer any questions you might be having. I promise it doesn't have to be miserable.