Being a good influence

Options
Last night I offered my son a Brach's candy pumpkin for his dessert (I know, bad mother offering sugary treats to my child but he's a kid and a skinny one at that). He said "No mommy I've been having too much sugar, I'm only want healthy stuff like apple sauce." This coming from the pickiest kid in the history of 4 year olds. My point is that he's been watching and listenning to me and finally I'm setting a better example for him. Don't underestimate the power you have to help others leading by example.

Replies

• brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    That's great and another reason I am determined to get my weight under control before even considering trying to conceive. I want to be one of those healthy Mommy's who rarely let their kids eat fast food :) Keep it up!
  • NaturallyMara
    NaturallyMara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great story! :happy:
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Love this story.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Wow...it's great when you choose healthy living for yourself, but when you see you have inspired others...you really are onto a WINNER! Well done :flowerforyou:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    That's great!! I'm hoping to be a good influence on my 2 1/2 year old as well. One the reasons I started my journey to get healthy. I try not to let her have too many sugary sweets.