Recommend any iPhone apps for fitness, nutrition etc!

Options
There are so many out there! I have Myfitnesspal app of course but just wondering what others find good?? I do yoga but dont know how i'd follow it using iPhone...seems too small!

Replies

• izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    hundredpushups.com

I really couldn't do good form full pushups so followed this with my knees on the floor for the 6 week program and then started again doing full pushups. I'm on my fourth week of Week One, Day One - ie only doing 12 pushups, but everyday - and the difference to my core strength is amazing and I'm bench pressing an extra 10kg at the gym. I really concentrate on good form and trying to get as low as I can ... and of course one day I'll be doing one hundred full pushups!
  • k_wills
    k_wills Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "Nike training" is a good one...The video's are clear and easy to follow...you can chose the type of training you want... including yoga and it all links to the main website...oh and its free!
    I also use the Nike + iPod app to run with...And Jillian Micheals has a free one that's good too.
  • LizzyJay
    LizzyJay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The iFitness one is quite good with exercise instructions and videos which you can chose to keep on your device so still active when off-line. Good Luck!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    BodyFate for occasional bodyweight exercise (really great app!).
    SportyPal for keeping track of my bicycling.
    Body Values to track my blood pressure and RHR.
  • bigtechno
    Options
    C25K - couch to 5k
    I couldn't run the length of myself but after4 weeks, i am now jogging for 5 minute intervals
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I use loseit most often. I also have ifitness - not a huge fan of this one but shows you how to do different types of exercise for different parts of the body. Shape - pilates and then two different yoga ones. I wouldnt say they are great but if you wanted to a yoga routine and had no other option they aren't bad. I also have nike + gps - AWESOME!! I used nike + with the transmitter before. I still hvae the transmitter but I went through 5 in about 6 months so this is a better option! I have runkeeper too - I don't care for it as well as the nike + but it does the same type of thing.