Eat to Live diet

Options
rosestring
rosestring Posts: 225 Member
Has anyone tried the vegan, "Eat to Live" diet? If so, how much did you lose? Can you still lose a significant amount of weight if you only follow it, say, 50% of the time?

Replies

• SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I actually just started reading the book tonight, just finished chapter one :) I'm already in maintenance and I'm transitioning to a whole foods, plant based diet for the health benefits of this way of eating. This book has been recommend to me several times and I'm excited to get through it!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I agree with eating lots of vegetables.

The fundamental premise - "Health = Nutrients/Calories" - is ludicrous.

As is this fun quote: "Making moderate changes does not lead to dramatic health achievements and reversal of diseases."
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 2nd week of the 6 week "detox". Currently, I'm eating the correct way 85% of the time. I am losing about 3lbs a week; but, that's probably because I'm also working out. I love the program and I'm getting better each day!
  • edilla
    edilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the vegan, "Eat to Live" diet? If so, how much did you lose? Can you still lose a significant amount of weight if you only follow it, say, 50% of the time?

My fiancé and I started it two weeks ago. He has lost about 12 pounds doing it religiously. I lost about five pounds the first week, but had some digestive problems, so I needed to moderate my roughage intake. Also, I'm trying to finish my thesis, and while i haven't engaged in my usual deadline-induced crappy food binge, I've definitely fallen off of the ETL plan , so I am now only 3lb. down from where I started.

Moral of the story: follow the plan if you want to lose a lot of weight relatively quickly! 50% of the time is not going to cut it - you may still lose weight, but it won't be as quickly, and you are not going to reset your system or your tastebuds - which is, I think, the real point of the plan, not just weight loss.
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm just getting ready to jump on with "ETL" I am just trying to put together my meal plan for the week. Any tips from my fellow "ETL" would be great.

BTW Great
    job on the weight loss