Read for a change!!!!!

Options
Hi, my name is Loretta and I am 40yrs. old. I have been married for 20yrs. and I have 2 boys 19 and 17. I weighed a whopping 332lbs on Mon. the 14th. The weight has got to go, I can not live like this anymore and I am not going to live like this anymore. I need to lose over 200lbs. I am going to weigh my self today hope to be shed a few pounds! I have been working very hard at this for a couple of days but have been battling it my whole adult life. I need lots of help!

Replies

• NavySailor
    NavySailor Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good morning Loretta...You have made the first BIG step in your journey! There are a lot of people here who can help and motivate you! Good Luck to you!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Loretta, It is so awesome that you are making this extremely important decision for your life. I am so proud of you. This site is absolutely awesome in the amount of support and encouragement provided. There are many others who are striving to be healthier also. Welcome to MFP - feel free to add me as a friend.

Blessings

Vickie
  • somaja
    Options
    Good luck Loretta. This is a great place for help and motivation. Add me as a friend if you like! :smile:
  • carol4onetom
    Options
    Good Morning Loretta, it is good to see you here. You will get a lot of motivation from this website and it is great for tracking what you eat to see how many calories are actually in certain foods. I have struggled with my weight the last few years and have a hard time losing due to low metabolism. But, I am not going to give up, because I want a healthy heart, even if the scale doesn't always show my progress. Feel free to add me as a friend, if you like. Take care and have a good day.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi

Welcome and well done to get started! As you weigh in today why don't you join our group?! I am part of the group called "30lbs till Christmas" most of us weigh in on Wednesday. It is a great group with lovely and very motivating people! I find it is a great encouragement to have the group as it is nice to post if you have lost some or to find positivity if you haven't and it keeps me motivated. Also 30lbs till Christmas would be a great thing :smile:

Have a look and see if you like it!

All the best

Daisy
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've battled my weight all my life and have gotten down to my goal twice but not in a healthy way so of course it just came right back! I've been on this site since last November, but got serious and dedicated to my journey as of May. Since May I've lost an average of 2 pounds per week.

Be completely dedicated to logging every morsel, taste while making dinner, everything! In the first 6 months I had to run to log into MFP before I could eat anything but it does get easier as you become aware of how you eat and is an amazing journey into the madness surrounding our own personal issues. I've learned more about myself from those first number of months, and my "bad" days, so don't worry about those because they will happen, we have all been there! Use them as a learning experience.

I had to apply the same philosophy as I did when I quit smoking 14 years ago . . . take one day at a time . . . the entire picture is just to overwhelming. Every morning I promise myself, and my husband (out loud), that I will do my best to honor my body and be faithful to this journey. Since I became faithful to this promise in May I've steadily lost each week.

This is an emotional journey so you will have ups and downs . . . but I figured that I could either stay the way I was or put in a bit of effort and be in a completely different place in a year, or two!

Im in my 40's as well and am a testiment to the fact that this can be done!
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Loretta,
    Your going to love it here. And once you see how easy it is, your going to love it even more! I really credit MFP for my success....I know I have done all the work, but the tools, and friends, and support is what keeps me going. It all clicked for me when I joined MFP.
    Good luck on your journey! :)