Filling snacks

Options
I am new to MVPand starting my new healthy eating plan. I am struggling with what kind of snacks to eat that are filling, yet still low in calories. What do you recommend?

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    peanut butter on rice cakes with raisins,peanut butter on apples, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, an ounce of cheddar cheese, any foods high in protein help me fill up. Almonds, tuna, protein bars and shakes.
  • magicalpony
    magicalpony Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I actually posted quite a similar topic when I first started using these forums.
    In the last two weeks I've found these to be really good low cal (relatively)/ good snacks. I eat meals/snack about every two hours. It took about a week until the huge light headedness/hunger pains faded. The hardest part is not snacking when I'm hungry at night.

Apples/bananas alone or with one 1tblsp of peanut spread/butter
    High protein Luna/Cliff bars
    Unsweetened applesauce with some berries mixed in
    Chobani Greek yogurt
    Hardboiled eggs
    Lightly salted/unsalted nuts

these are just the major ones I've been using. I used to snack a lot on vegetables. As in I'd eat whole peppers, tomatoes, etc all afternoon in between meals. Although I guess it's pretty healthy and low cal, it would just make me feel pretty sick after a while and didn't touch the hunger at all.
  • magicalpony
    magicalpony Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Also, about me. I'm at a normal weight- slightly on the high end. I need to tone mostly, and I'm just learning that high protein is good and helps fill me up. It's amazing how much filling a slightly higher cal is than snacking all afternoon on low cal stuff. So if you're anything like me, snacking may be more of a habit. It took me quite a lot of will power not to continue eating like I was- anytime I got nervous or anything, I'd eat something. I keep a lot of blueberries and such around so that when I really HAVE to snack, it's basically empty calories.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I just had a colby jack cheesestick and a small salad and it was pretty good and around 150 cals ;) I also like a banana with PB on it (which is funny because I hate both bananas and PB), low fat yogurt with a sprinkle of granola (I save the 60 cal packs from Chick-Fil-A). I also like to dip cut up fruit in a mixture of low fat raspberry yogurt mixed with light whipped cream. And popcorn- I'm a huge popcorn fan, especially air popped.
  • i_am_melting
    Options
    My go to snack has been apple with peanut butter. This week I have had oatmeal made with milk, just for variety and it is very filling.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If I want a healthy snack I'll grab a small banana, a single serving package of whole almonds, some cheese, or cherries/blueberries. If I want something salty/crunchy I tend to go for chips. Pop chips aren't too bad calorie wise and I like the texture of them.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    coffee, if it doesn't keep you up, I drink decaf,fills me up