Starting Jillian Michaels Body Revolution on Monday

Options
So after getting married in October, completing Insanity in February, then moving across the world to a new job and a new country (South Korea) I have found myself 20 pounds heavier than I was six months ago and heavier overall from when I first joined myfitnesspal. I'm depressed and pissed off at myself, I'm sure it is the honeymoon pounds and the stress of a new job and different foods available but it's time to get back in shape.

I just received Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and have been reading through her meal books and plan to prepare meals tomorrow and start the workouts on Monday. Is there anyone else who has a group right now for people starting in August? And I'm really interested in how people have actually organized and cooked the meals for those who work full time. I'm not a morning person, so poached eggs on wilted spinach and canadian bacon just isn't going to happen M-F nor are the smoothies for snacks if I'm at work.

Also, we have no kids, just my husband and I and I have a feeling he will eat what I cook but he'll probably eat 2 of my 4 servings so that will squash my "prep once for the week" plan. Would love to hear people's suggestions and how they ate, prepped meals, and fit it all into a busy schedule.

Replies

• MLCunningham2882
    MLCunningham2882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also starting Monday!

Same issues - 30lbs in 3 years, moved twice, long commute, working on a graduate degree while working another job. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to make it work.

I am also pretty sure my husband will eat all of the food that I make so I'll be cooking a lot more than I'd like. I'm going to try to stick to the easier recipes that can be quick (especially for lunch - chef salad seems pretty simple?). I'm also going to let myself be a bit selfish and let him know that I'll be making certain foods that are just for me. I'm also thinking about making 2x the recipe so that he can eat parts of the leftovers and then I can keep some for myself. Sometimes if I put his "ok you can eat this" food in separate containers from what I'm keeping for myself he gets the message. I hope that makes sense!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Have you joined the regular group yet? I'm not sure if there's a new one. People seem to just go to the big one. But that's still a good group. I just started week 3. I didn't follow the meal plan, but still try to eat healthy. I get really caught up in my work, so for me, the freezer is my friend. I freeze zucchini lasagna, spinach and mushroom ravioli, felafel, enchiladas, soups, stews, and I usually have some extra spinach wraps in there as well. I take about 2 days to make a whole bunch of homemade meals and then freeze them to use for the next 2-3 weeks. I love cooking, but I don't like cleaning the mess. So something that I can reheat in a pan or throw in the oven is great and I don't feel guilty because it's still homemade.
  • Kandyhar
    Kandyhar Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I would love to add you guys as friends if you don't mind?? I LOVED the idea of keeping my husband's portions in a separate container so he knows he can eat that. I'm not super stoked to make twice the recipes but I'll do that. I'm going to do the kickstart this week or Hell Week as I've been calling it. I plan to go to the grocery store and cook all day tomorrow so hopefully that works out! Wish me luck!

Also, I totally agree about loving to cook but hating the mess. I've read through the books a couple times and ordered her cookbook so I think I should fine a few things. My biggest challenge is that although I have a lot of vegetables I'm at the mercy of the commisary and organic is absolutely out of the question in most cases. Local markets are good but I don't know if whatever they use on their produce is better or worse than regular pesticides.
  • MLCunningham2882
    MLCunningham2882 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am also a commissary shopper - I know how it is. Veggies can be questionable/gross (even in Maryland).

I'm doing the kickstart week as well, and not looking forward to the shock of no longer eating 1500+ cals/day. It's only one week, though!
  • Choohi87
    Options
    I am also starting tomorrow!! Good luck everyone!
  • Kandyhar
    Options
    yay! are you doing the kickstart? I am but I already realized I'm not a morning person enough to work out in the morning, I'm going to have to double up in the evenings.
  • mnnelson1875
    mnnelson1875 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am doing her 30 day shred and I have to say...I LOVE IT!!! it is so good for my schedule...i can fit in a 30 min workout everyday....no excuses. I eat pretty good, and stay within my recomended calories....I was on a plateau for a while, jogging, walking, lifting weights and my scale didnt move for months....i am on day 6 of the shred and have lost 3lbs. Good luck!! I hope I willl have some nice before and after pics to post too one day ;)
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished phase 1! I lost 11 pounds and went from a size 10/12 to nicely in a size 6! I did not do the meal plan because I have a hubby and 3 kids to cook for and don't have time to cook a separate meal for myself. I stuck to 1200 calories a day and kept it low fat, low sugar, and cut WAY back on soda...I still enjoy diet dew now and again.
  • Nita523
    Nita523 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday also!! Good luck everyone!
  • cmmanning33
    cmmanning33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,

If you ladies are starting a group I would love to join! Just started Body Revolution on Monday, August 5th...3 workouts in! I'm not following her meal plans but trying to stay around 1200-1400 calories (its proving to be difficult!).

In the last 3 1/2 years I've gained about 20 pounds and I'm looking to get back into shape!

I'm looking for support and people to keep me accountable for the 90 day program. I've started programs before and have never stuck with one through the whole thing, I want this time to be different!

Please add me to your group if you've started one or add me as a friend so we can stay motivated and help each other!
  • Kandyhar
    Options
    Hi there! I just saw your post! I started on Monday also and am also following her meal plan. I pretty much have been eating the lemon chicken or steak and a salad for dinner every night. Well not pretty much, that is all I eat for dinner. I'm so hungry. But I know it will pay off. I definitely will not lose 10 lbs the first week, but maybe 2. My goals are similar to yours, I also want to lose 30 lbs.

Would love to add you and inspire each other. It will be a long 90 days waiting for results, but hopefully after that we can maintain and not get in this situation again.
  • cmmanning33
    cmmanning33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I will add you as a friend!

Hopefully we can motivate each other! I won't be losing 10 lbs this week either...but I'll pretty much take anything that will come off!

90 days is a long time, that is why I was looking for other who are doing the program, I need motivation and to be held accountable! So yell at me every day! :)

Good Luck!
  • melimama2
    melimama2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    cmmanning...I added you! I started phase 2 monday.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

Jillian Michaels workout group if anyone is interested please join us.