5 week check-in

Options
I was kind of skeptical when I started, but I can say that after 5 weeks on this program, I can definately see the results! Not only have I lost 18lbs in 5 weeks, but I know that I have lost inches in my waist (even though I have not measured since week 2). I have only changed what I eat, well, really not what I eat, but how much I eat. My exercise routines have not changed one bit, except maybe I can run for longer periods now.

I would also like to thank my wife, Andrea, for her inspiration and motivation. She has gotten me hooked on getting back into shape and I cannot thank her enough. She is also doing an outstanding job herself! If you are in need of inspiration, look her up! She is motivating a lot of her friends who would have never thought about getting better for themselves.

So, after 5 weeks, I am hooked for life! I will continue this until my goal weight and then hit up the maintenance mode. I actually look forward to my weigh-in days, Tuesdays, with a lot of excitement because I know that I am putting in the work and maintaining discipline while eating to make a difference in my health and my future.

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good job! Its nice to be able to see others success and know that by working this program with a little adjustment here and there that it DOES work ... Thanks for the post!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • nautyhackr
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the web site with us...Jen and I are right behind you in losing weight. I'm going to really challenge myself when I go out of town next week and eat at restaurants all week.
  • kartel99
    kartel99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eating out at restaurants is tough, but there are always some meals that are better than others... that, or you can run to the restaurant, eat, then run back home!

I always find myself checking out either this site's database or the restaurants webpage for the nutrition facts before I go... We went to Friday's last week and I was torn between a chicken plate and one of their burgers... I am glad that I chose the chicken because the burger weighed in at 1500 calories! the chicken was only maybe 600...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!