Awesomely sarcastic peanut butter lover in need of friends!

Options
Adirafox
Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
Hey, y'all. I'm not new here, but I never have posted an Introductory Post (see the caps? That means it's official), so here it is!

I am a high school science teacher with 2 boys, an 8 year old and a 15 month old. Like everyone else, I've had lots of ups and downs in my life and that has reflected in my weight. I wasn't super active growing up, though I did my fair share of playing outside and bike riding. At 18 I was quite overweight and decided to start exercising. I figured that if I had to chose between exercise and not eating, I'd much prefer to exercise.

For years, this worked for me: I could more or less eat what I wanted as long as I exercised. I wasn't always the weight I wanted to be, but I kept things under control pretty well.

During my first pregnancy, I gained 50 pounds and never lost all of it, so when I got pregnant again, I knew that I couldn't have a repeat performance. I gained only 25 pounds and lost about 40 after the baby was born (wahoo!!!).

However, I'm not in my 30s and have come to realize that dagnabbit, diet is even MORE important than fitness, which totally sucks since I would much rather work my *kitten* off then down a double cheeseburger than NOT eat the yummy food and NOT exercise. Then again, I really, really like exercise. If I could, I would spend my days doing Zumba, dance classes, kayaking, hiking, yoga, pilates, and running.

Over the past six months, my weight loss has stagnated and I was even starting to regain weight (boo!!!), culminating this summer with a Caribbean cruise followed by general malaise. I figured it was just because it was summer, and once the school year started again I would find my mojo (I'm a teacher....have I mentioned that? High school science. Yeah, it's pretty awesome.), but then some weird stuff started happening to my husband, causing us to realize that we both were suffering from an overgrowth of Candida. We started to take Threelac, a potent (and not bad tasting) probiotic, and severely limiting carbs, and lo and behold, my energy came back!! I haven't yet LOST any weight, but I haven't gained any and my husband says I look a lot better....my stomach is a lot flatter and I'm just generally less puffy.

I am pretty active here, so if you add me as a friend rest assured that I will comment on your updates (not on EVERY update, 'cause I ain't crazy like that), and I will support you like I hope you will support me!

Replies

• Adirafox
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I like to drink, which some of you will fist pump and others with disapprovingly shake your heads at. It doesn't matter much, though, since apparently Candida dig the carbs in the alcoholic beverages, too, so I'm doing my darnedest to abstain. Boo.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the alcohol and peanut butter.
  • chrissyreneet
    chrissyreneet Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I can go for alcohol and peanut butter!
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter :)
  • Ampierce
    Ampierce Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sarcastic, loves peanut butter, and drinks too. Sounds like a good friend to have :drinker:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Here for free PB and sarcasm. Wait, there will be free supply of both right?
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Sarcasm, peanut butter, and alcohol. Did we just become best friends?
  • BigJayUK
    BigJayUK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    sarcastic, peanut butter and booze
    Every good combos
    Add cheese to that perfect :)
  • lngman
    lngman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love science, trashy TV, and a drink now and then (peanut butter is OK, too). I also love to eat savory comfort food. I haven't had pizza in a month and it's killing me. Glad to meet you!
  • jadad23
    jadad23 Posts: 2
    Options
    The peanut butter was just taunting me from the kitchen counter. I'm taking you as a sign to have a spoonful :happy:
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    For you:

peanutbutter-chocolate-beer-sweet-baby-jesus.jpg
  • Pinkee33
    Pinkee33 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    PB is my new favorite comfort food! :heart: it!! Sarcastic? Wow, you must be my twin personality. Ain't givin' up my drink either :drinker: Everything in moderation, right?:laugh:

Feel free to add...
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Sarcasm and peanut butter! Yay. Nice use of dagnabbit!
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    you had me at "sarcastic peanut butter lover"
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and co.... white chocolate dreams or cinnamon raisin
  • meltedsno
    meltedsno Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    PB2 an PB2 w/chocolate! dehydrated peanut butter...has all the fat removed....just add water to reconstitute (or use in protein shakes, like I do)... 45 calories per 2 TBSP serving...yum.... 5 oz wine mixed with diet Sierra Mist...yeah I know -- could be a waste of good wine, so I buy the boxed stuff... have a 20 oz class I fill with wine and then add the sierra mist. For 150 total calories, I can have my wine and peanut butter (not together, of course)... and eat it too! And when I've been particularily good and earned a just reward, I crack open a bag of Weight Watchers Whitman chocolate caramels for 110 (or maybe it is 120) calories... each pouch has 4 pieces... and they call this dieting.... :-)
  • carollynch09
    Options
    Sarcastic, loves peanut butter, and drinks too. Sounds like a good friend to have :drinker:

If I wasn't straight and married I'd wanna date you! ;)
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Adirafox
    Options
    For you:

peanutbutter-chocolate-beer-sweet-baby-jesus.jpg

I need to find this beer!

Also, the song now running through my head is from Hamlet 2...."Rock me, rock me, rock me sexy Jesus!"
  • SirAwesomenessThe3rd
    Options
    You had be at peanut butter lover.