Getting back on track - encouragement needed

Options
Hey all, Just looking for some motivation here. Being doing so well and this weekend, Friday through Sunday - I just had the worst meals I could possibly have - emotional eating. I have still been going to the gym and just craved the worst food - and you know - did not enjoy the things I ate at all. Anyway, just looking for some motivation to getting back on track. I was over half way to my ultimate goal and now scared to get back on the scale - not know what i've probably put on in the past 3 days. Anyway, any encouragement you can send my way would be greatly appreaciated. Tomorrow is a new day - and definitely plan to get back on track.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,425 Member
    Options
    All I can say is been there, done that. I've had to put myself back into losing mode after being in maintenance for two years because stress eating and limited workouts caused me to put back on 12 lbs. You've got the right attitude with getting back to it tomorrow! Don't step on the scale for a few days, drink tons of water and eat well and you'll be fine. Throw some exercise in too to make you feel better sweating out the junk. Good luck!
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Have a look at my diary - it's open to the public. You'll see a few 3,000-4,000 or more calorie days in there, sometimes more than one in a row . . .

I'm not just a fan of public shame regarding my eating habits - I'm hoping that occasionally, someone else who has a bad day along the way can look at my diary and see that he/she isn't the only one. I'm also at my goal weight, living proof that a set back isn't the same thing as failure.

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan
  • iahfit
    iahfit Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi- I've been there too but I think you'll be fine. You have the right attitude. I agree I'd get back on track for a few days before weighing. Its OK, don't beat yourself up-we're only human.
  • AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to wait until New Year's to make a change; there is always a Monday"
  • oceansablue
    Options
    We've all been there before. It doesn't matter what you did this weekend all that matters is what you're going to do now. This is about being a healthier you, not about winning the "who can lose weight fastest" competition. You'll get there and you've already done so well! Hang in there, it will be ok.