Cheesy Chicken Dorito Casserole

g33kmommy
g33kmommy Posts: 104 Member
I found this recipe on Pinterest and I made it a bit healthier. :)

This serves 5-6 people, and it's about 482 calories per serving.

1 Can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 Cup Fat Free Milk
1/2 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
1 Can Rotel Tomatoes w/ Green Chile Peppers
1 Cup 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
1 Bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos (I used about 3/4 of a bag)
1/2 Pouch Mccormick's Low Sodium Taco Seasoning
2 Cups cooked and shredded chicken breast

Stir all ingredients together except for the Doritos.

In a baking pan or casserole dish, crush Doritos and layer the bottom of the pan. Pour half of the chicken mixture on top, then crush another layer of Doritos on top. Add the rest of the chicken mixture and (optional) add more cheese to the top.

Bake at 350 covered for about 30m or until bubbling.

Replies

• Sounds awesome! Do you know the calories and such per serving?
  • g33kmommy
    Sounds awesome! Do you know the calories and such per serving?

I do! I added everything that I used into MyFitnessPal on the Recipe section, and it came out to the following:

(For SIX servings)

One serving:
    Calories: 402
    Carbs: 35
    Fats: 18
    Sodium: 1031
    Sugar: 12
    Protein: 27
  • Why do people post stuff like this on a fitness site? Look at that sodium content, people! :sick:
  • kcol35
    kcol35 Posts: 5
    Sounds yummy! What size bag of doritos did you use? Or approximately how many cups?
  • Looks delicious!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Why do people post stuff like this on a fitness site? Look at that sodium content, people! :sick:

Not all of us have to watch our sodium.

OP, that looks delicious!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,131 Member
    YUM! I might have a crack at that this week.
  • Alatariel75
    Why do people post stuff like this on a fitness site? Look at that sodium content, people! :sick:

you can lower my sugar intake and restrict my fat, but you will pry my salt from my cold, dead (probably from heart disease) hands.
  • crandos
    crandos Posts: 377 Member
    This sounds amazing!!! Dorito,cheese and chicken are my favourites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    The next party I'm invited to I'm totally taking this. I predict Insta-Popularity.
  • jaymie_x0
    jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member

I do! I added everything that I used into MyFitnessPal on the Recipe section, and it came out to the following:

(For SIX servings)

One serving:

what consist as ONE serving?! 1/4 a cup? 1/2 cup? a cup?
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    My sodium count is always high in my diary. Do I care? Not particularly. Not everyone has to watch that aspect of their diet.

And in.

OP, have you made this or seen comments about leftovers? I'm just curious how soggy the Doritos would be and how it would taste.
  • Alatariel75

(For SIX servings)

One serving:

She says for 6 servings. So 1/6 of the pan.
  • shantronathon
    shantronathon Posts: 37 Member
    Giiiiiiiiiiirl....this...sounds..amazeballs. Well done!
  • jaymie_x0

(For SIX servings)

One serving:

thanks, total blond moment there. HA LMAO.
  • Alatariel75

(For SIX servings)

One serving:

thanks, total blond moment there. HA LMAO.

LOL, happens to the best of us!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

I don't understand why people insist on posting cauliflower substitution recipes. We don't all have the same goals here.
  • shamrocangel
    shamrocangel Posts: 1 Member
    Yummy just read the recipe to my husband and we want to make this in the near future.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member

Because it's delicious. And because not everyone is hangry and judgy. My only concern about the sodium content stems from the fact that I'll probably eat the whole darn pan myself. Thanks for sharing, OP! :flowerforyou:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Cheese and Doritos... a pairing of two of my favorite things. That sounds yummy!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Bump
  • MrsStacie
    MrsStacie Posts: 21 Member
    Bump:)
  • jaymie_x0
    i dont see why the f*** it matters what recipes ANYONE post on here...i've posted a cauliflower pizza recipe...who cares, some people like trying new things! If you don't like whats in it...or the nutritional value, then dont make it. duh! simple as that
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member

Sees recipe about cheesy Doritos chicken casserole, imply that Doritos adn cheese are serious elements.

Has choice between ignoring and entering.

Enters thread to complain about recipe they choose to click upon.

Seems legit.
  • g33kmommy

Why? Because it's delicious! Is the sodium content a bit high? Maybe. Is it going to kill your diet? No.

Not everyone needs to watch their sodium levels, either. I actually do - because I have kidney stones that are made up of it. As long as I and under my goal for the day, I don't worry about it.

And speaking of which, I ate this tonight and STILL came in under my sodium level for the day by 600mg. My goal is 2500.

Drink lots of water to help flush it out. Plan your day around it, etc.

I've lost 40lbs in three months, so the way I eat must not be hurting me that bad! :)

Enjoy everyone!
  • g33kmommy
    Sounds yummy! What size bag of doritos did you use? Or approximately how many cups?

I bought an 11oz bag, and only ended up using maybe 2/3 of a bag. You can use more or less Doritos. The recipe called for an entire bag, but I cut it down. :)
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Definitely saved to try. I'm going to sub Sargento Reduced Fat Mexican shredded cheese, and I think I'll try to just crush some Doritos on top, other than that I'm going to make it as written.

Thanks!!!
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Thanks for sharing.
  • g33kmommy
    Definitely saved to try. I'm going to sub Sargento Reduced Fat Mexican shredded cheese, and I think I'll try to just crush some Doritos on top, other than that I'm going to make it as written.

Thanks!!!

Those are great idea's that I might try next time I make this too! :) Thanks!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    I find it funny that it calls for fat free sour creamand 2% cheese ... jeez, you're already using Doritos, why not use the real thing? ... lol