More weight loss with the Fitbit Flex or Fitbit One?

Options
I read a few threads on here about fitbit flex and one but I can't decide which is better. Does anyone know if the Fitbit One is better than the flex or vice versa.

Replies

• alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit one and can wear it 100% of the time. The flex is a bracelet and too much a jewelry statement and I don't want to explain to the world, everyday why I'm wearing it
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit one and can wear it 100% of the time. The flex is a bracelet and too much a jewelry statement and I don't want to explain to the world, everyday why I'm wearing it

I do better with my flex simply because it never comes off so I'm not presented with any opportunity to forget to put it on. As for explaining to the world why I'm wearing it all of the time I've had mine since launch in may and maybe 3 people have asked what it is and I work in a large office.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have a 'One' and love it. My daughter has a Flex and loves it.
    They are both awesome. It's really just a matter of preference.
    I asked my daughter and she said nobody has asked her or stared at her Flex.

My BFF first learned about the Flex because someone was wearing one and she saw the lights blink.
    She asked about it, learned what it was and told me about it.
    I LOL'd and showed her my 'One.' - she had no idea I owned one. - now she owns a Flex. :)
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I brought my One yesterday.

I brought the One over the Flex due to the fact i cannot wear the flex at work (we are not allowed watches/straps an so forth)

I dont think there's any difference in them apart from cosmetic? They both are a pedometer.
  • shananigans_007
    Options
    I've been wearing my flex for about a month and it has really helped me kick my workouts and weight loss into high gear. The dashboard has great tools and having the negative calorie adjustment enabled on mfp has given me a better picture of where I stand throughout the day. I like the wristband because it's a visual reminder for me when I haven't been very active to get up in move! I haven't really had to explain it to many people, but the people who have asked have been very interested in it--one person even purchased one for herself.

My husband started with a flex and we ended up returning it and getting a One. It's a better fit for him, not because of the tools, but because he works a very hands-on, active manufacturing job and the wristband on the flex was always in the way for him.
  • Rouchiha
    Rouchiha Posts: 19
    Options
    Right now I am kind of leaning towards the One but I sweat a lot during a workout and I know that the One isn't waterproof like the flex has anyone had their one stop working because of sweating while working out
  • cherryd69
    Options
    The One is sweat and water resistant.

The Flex isnt waterproof is it? (not by their site anyways) Its just water/sweat resistant like The One?
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have the One and really like it. I personally don't like wearing watches or bracelets so the flex wouldn't be a good choice for me, plus we aren't allowed to wear stuff like that at work,so professionally the One was the best choice. Either way you go I'm sure you'll be happy, its motivating & definately gets you moving more.
  • gfroniewski
    Options
    You can swim with the Flex up to 10 m. You cannot swim with the One.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options

I brought the One over the Flex due to the fact i cannot wear the flex at work (we are not allowed watches/straps an so forth)

I dont think there's any difference in them apart from cosmetic? They both are a pedometer.

There are actually a couple differences.
    The One counts stairs - Flex does not
    The One is not waterproof - Flex is
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Not water proof. Water resistant. There is a difference. Swimming and showering and sweating with the flex shouldn't affect it in any way. It's prolonged submersion that will.
  • echelonokie
    Options
    I wouldn't do well with the One because I would forget to wear it. With my Flex, it goes on my wrist like a bracelet and stays there. The clasp is UBER STRONG. So far nothing I've done has caused it to snap off. I can wear it in the water, so swimming and showering are a go with it. I miss a "face" on it, but you get used to the little lights. hehe
  • cherryd69
    Options

Ohhhhhh I thought it was just a cosmetic thing... you know flashing lights an stuff lol
  • echelonokie
    Options
    The Flex is a pedometer, sure, but it also logs your sleep (I'm not sure if the One does), but I LOVE that aspect. It tells me how restful my sleep for the night actually was.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    I have a one and love it, it's just a matter of preference and whether you need it water proof :)
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    The Flex is a pedometer, sure, but it also logs your sleep (I'm not sure if the One does), but I LOVE that aspect. It tells me how restful my sleep for the night actually was.

The one logs sleep too.
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have the One and really like it. I personally don't like wearing watches or bracelets so the flex wouldn't be a good choice for me, plus we aren't allowed to wear stuff like that at work,so professionally the One was the best choice. Either way you go I'm sure you'll be happy, its motivating & definately gets you moving more.
    This. And also because it doesn't look "dressed up" for those occasions where a band with flashing lights on your arm might look odd. I love the One, it's tiny & I can clip it anywhere, the caveat is that because it is so small I worry about losing or forgetting it,
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit One. :love:
  • Rouchiha
    Rouchiha Posts: 19
    Options
    I think Im going with the fitbit one because of the stairs tracker and display and the only issue people have with it is remembering to put it on so it sounds like a good device I don't usually swim for weight loss so when I can't take it swimming it probably won't hurt me to bad the only pain I see about it taking it on and off when showering but I think its something I can get use to thanks for all the insight and recommendations on fitbit
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have the fit bit one and Love it...I have had no issues with sweat and I wear it when doing Insanity where I SWEAT A LOT!