Options
19jam85
19jam85 Posts: 17 Member
Hi Everyone

I am new but I am old.
Previously used MFP years ago, but fell off the band wagon.

So I am back, totally unhappy with 'comfortable in your relationship' weight gain, I want to lose at least 15 kg - ideally 20kg. I am lucky in that I dont 'look' that heavy, but the scales tell me otherwise.

I am nearly 28, full time worker, part time studying and part time step mother, full time housewife haha.
I run a busy schedule, but am determined (Diary in hand) to allocate set days/times for workouts during the week.

I love to swim and did so before winter set in, BUT am totally embarrased by my flab that I want to lose weight before I jump back in the pool.

Aim to lose 500gm a week, so that it can be maintained. I know this is going to be a hard road, but its time to move my fat *kitten*, and prove to myself that this challenge is achievable.

Any new friends, to provide support and inspiration will be greatly accepted!

- Lets face it I love food, but the pure fact of loving food, has led to poor food consumption decisions.

- In the back of my mind, are some harsh words, that were a true reality in my early twenties, but my first 'real' boyfriend, although I didnt ignore, it has eaten its way at me, and is part of what drives me to prove to myself that I can lose this excess weight, for a better, more healthier me. "You are everything I want in personality, but you're not what I want on the outside" "I don't want to be seen by my mates walking down the street holding hands with somebody who is ..... fat.."
- I know that the above comments aren't my problem, that their insecurities are theres which they shifted onto me, BUT they are in the back of my mind... and they still hurt. Its time to use those comments as motivation for a healthier me.

Replies

• alysewelsh
    alysewelsh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know that feel! I believe you can use both positive and negative motivators....as long as you continually prove the negative ones wrong!
  • dee_squared
    Options
    Hey! I'm also an oldie that just came back to MFP recently :smile: Welcome back, I hope I can help support you on this journey.

PS: I'd love new friends too! :happy:
  • 19jam85
    19jam85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds girls :)