This is it, the day has come...

Options
After two and a half years of being a stay at home Dad, I am returning to work tomorrow morning. Back to the grind of the everyday workforce. No more bubble guppies, and dirty diapers. No more rocking my little boy to sleep for his nap. No more pushing him up and down the street in his tricycle....

I think I'm going to cry...

I will always cherish these last 2 years. As much as I said I want to go back to work, now that the day has come. I want to go back and do it all over again...

Going to be really hard being at work without my little boy by my side...

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    As a mom, I feel your pain. It was very, very hard to go back to work when my maternity leave was over. There were many days that I cried and even though she's 5 now, I still have moments when I feel guilty for being away from her.

The only thing I can say is that it will hurt less over time and you'll find joy in new things with your son. Praising him for his preschool papers, talking to him about a new friend he made. The wonders in their life change, but they will always remember your enthusiasm for them.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    That is actually kind of sweet.

Best of luck to you man and I hope you enjoy your reentry into the workforce.
  • Everend
    Everend Posts: 90
    Options
    I did not think I would be as emotionally effected, but as I put my son to bed tonight it sank in how much my, and his, life was about to change. For the two years of his life, him and I have been thick as thieves. We're best friends. Im realizing this may not be as easy as I thought....
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My children are 17 and 20 this year. My husband still says how much he cherishes the 18 months he spent at home with our eldest so many years ago:)
  • bellaamor30
    bellaamor30 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's hard, I have a 2 & 4 year old don't know how I am going to leave them to go back to work although I know the day is coming. Good luck!!
  • Everend
    Options
    This is me being sad :(
  • lbt1004
    lbt1004 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Very sweet.....makes me wonder how any parent can just walk away from their kids
  • Slenderella923
    Slenderella923 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bubble bubble bubble, guppy guppy guppies!!! My husband stays home with our son too, they are seriously best friends. I am nowhere near as close with my son as he is. It's actually kind of depressing for me, but I know hubby gets alot of fulfillment out of it.
  • Everend
    Options
    This whole experience is heart breaking
  • lbt1004
    lbt1004 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It will get easier, promise. 2.5 yrs with your boy non-stop...that is awesome. Many are not as blessed.