Fighting Fat

Options
In the past I would get so motivated and excited in the beginning of a weight loss journey. I would do everything right...eat healthy, exercise regularly, and bombard online blogs for inspiring ways to fight the fat. Then...something inside me would snap: I would crave something sweet and sinful and let it get the best of me and then wonder why the pounds weren't falling off fast enough.
That would cause me to give up on myself because I never saw results.
Now I realize that I am the only one who is accountable for what I eat...and don't eat. I am finally learning to understand the adverse affects of how what I eat directly have a negative impact on my weight loss journey. I don't have the desire to eat the things that will nourish the fat in my body. We are now enemies. I think of sweets as poison...fried foods are in the "danger zone" and foods like bread, rice, and pasta are a thing of the past...at least for now. I am making a conscious effort to be responsible. Be responsible for my body...be responsible for my health--for once!

Add me as a friend if you want to keep track with me on this journey to fight the fat!

Replies

• christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow, I thought I was reading something I had posted at one time or another....sounds JUST like my story!! I'm adding you so we can kick fats booty together!!! :)
  • Aydeejai
    Aydeejai Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not alone...we can do this! :)
  • laneice78
    laneice78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I know EXACTLY where you are coming from!!! With myfitness pal, we can reach our goals and get healthy. My husband and I are doing this together. I'll add you as a friend so that we can encourage each other.
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You're definitely NOT alone!! I can relate to your story. Thanks for sharing Anyone is welcome to add me I'm new here to lose 100lbs :)