Fighting with my Night CRAVINGS!!

Options
Hey everyone!
I know I'm not the only one going through this lol
All day I can shut my cravings for junk food down but for some reason after I'm all settled in, relaxing and very Happy that I accomplished a lot today and aslo was in total control of my food choices and cravings I cant seem to get these cravings at night in control and I'm the type of person that haven't learn to just haven a bite or a small piece of chocolate or a cookie and just walk away from it. I have to have the whole bag lol SOOOO Bad!!
So what do you guys do when the cravings starts to kick in at night?
FYI: I've tried staying busy at night by reading; writting ect.. but is still in my head. And once I'm done doing those things it comes right back!! Ugh!! Lol so frustrating!!

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If I'm already at my calorie goal for the day I will fill a cup with Ice chips and munch on ice chips cuz somehow it will trick my mind to thinking I am eating something but you're not really and it gives you a little bit of added water too. That or grab a protein shake and work the calories off with sex. That'll hold me by till I go to sleep and keep the calories of drinking the shake off.
  • amandaruff13
    amandaruff13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I battle this DAILY!!! Especially with it just being me right now while my son is gone.....

If I feel the need to snack I just keep fresh chopped watermelon or other fruits in the fridge....if they are cold I tend to eat less plus the watermelon is fantastic this time of the year here in Missouri....

I know that isn't a big help but its better than chips or other junk. If I am gunna go over on my calories Id rather it be on a fruit than a chip or Hostess cup cake.....
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know is soo hard!!! But your right fruit is def the better choice. Thanks hun :) keep up the good work!
  • leighgray7
    Options
    Definitely my weak spot. Well ... honestly right now it's all my weak spot - but historically, I do the bulk of my eating at night. I've been known to get out of bed at 3 a.m. to eat peanut butter. I try to keep good stuff in the house and easy to grab - fruit, rice cakes, popcorn ... and I try really hard to keep the crap food out of the house, period. That helps some, but I can still eat way too much bread, peanut butter, cheese, etc. It's just a struggle. Some days my motivation and self discipline are higher than others.

My calorie goal is only 1200, which I'm finding a real challenge - it's not all that much food. I do think the key is to put enough thought into what I'm eating the rest of the time that I have some snack calories left over, and to have reasonable snack foods in the house. Low calorie popsicles also work well for me, and italian ice.
  • shantronathon
    shantronathon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    I know I'm not the only one going through this lol
    All day I can shut my cravings for junk food down but for some reason after I'm all settled in, relaxing and very Happy that I accomplished a lot today and aslo was in total control of my food choices and cravings I cant seem to get these cravings at night in control and I'm the type of person that haven't learn to just haven a bite or a small piece of chocolate or a cookie and just walk away from it. I have to have the whole bag lol SOOOO Bad!!
    So what do you guys do when the cravings starts to kick in at night?
    FYI: I've tried staying busy at night by reading; writting ect.. but is still in my head. And once I'm done doing those things it comes right back!! Ugh!! Lol so frustrating!!

Night cravings. Bane of my existence. I look at the fridge through side glances. Try to avoid it like an ex-boyfriend. Then chug water.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe that is so chocolatey, it actually satisfies my cravings. It's called chocolate fudge.

Melt 2 T of mini chocolate chips in the microwave, mash 1/2 or 1 banana over the chips, miix in 2 scant T of cocoa, 2T of PB2, and 1/4 tsp of vanilla. Thin with almond milk if necessary.

It makes quite a bit, tastes rich, and is only 130 calories without the chocolate chips and milk. (I added those to the original recipe.) It's my go-to snack when I'm in a a binging mood.
  • kissofsun
    kissofsun Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    the special k bars are pretty yummy and filling and only 90 cal.. i work nights so i know what you mean by battling the munchies :)
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you All so much tor your input I'm def going to try it cause it drives me crazy these cravings at night lol :)
  • kissofsun
    kissofsun Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    also if you crave chocolate then try freezing a bag of hershey kisses.. then suck on them.. makes them last longer and you can satisfy that chocolate craving with just one... :) or freeze banana's and dip them in the hardening chocolate.. they are very yummy..
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    sugar free freezer pops :)
  • Armagan123
    Armagan123 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, here is my solution:
    Always save some calories for evening snacking, plan ahead what to do with those saved calories, if I don't then once the craving is there I cannot make sensible choices or stay within those saved calories.
    I try to split those saved calories among some nuts, fruits and some type of protein like yogurt or cottage cheese.
    I eat this combo before the cravings start and then I don't have those cravings at all. If I wait for the cravings then I eat this combo + whatever I crave for or totally eliminate the combo and eat whatever I want without any limits!