How do you Prepare for...

Options
Hey everyone,

How do you prepare for stressfull days? I realized yesterday that I need a plan for hectic days like yesterday. I work full time and do food shopping on tuesdays. When I got home I was tired and hungry which led me to make poor choices.

Tips will be appreciated!!!

Replies

• aubreedanelle
    Options
    i travel with kids (kind of always stressful!) so i always have snacks. maybe just keep some items in your car , like a package of peanut butter crackers. granola bars are good as long as the weather isn't hot... they crumble really easily. and when you get home, if you're starving, make something small first, even if it's a bag of chips or something not super healthy, and drink a whole glass of water while you're making yourself a bigger, more healthy AND more filling/satisfying meal :)

my aunt once told me that her personal trainer said you NEED to eat when you're hungry. even if all you have is a snickers bar, get some food in you because that keeps your metabolism going. if your body thinks it's starving, it'll go into 'life preserve' mode and cling on to fat!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Exercise! The BEST stress-reliever - even just a nice walk! Grocery Store - make a list. I also am a label reader - too many calories, fat or carbs and I put it back on the shelf! I generally shop around 7am on Sat or Sun - a time when I am not stressed and can take my time to make good choices!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Always eat before you go grocery shopping. It stops you from wanting everything in site. I don't plan which may be bad but life happens and if I can't manage it when it does I won't succeed. It happens to everyone. Just remember to keep your goal in mind. Whatever motivates you. Just keep healthy snacks around. Almonds are a good snack. I wouldn't suggest eating a bag of chips or junk food. That would be self defeating. I would say drink a big glass of water because that could help with the hunger long enough to fix healthy food. Good Luck.
  • sincereme
    Options
    Funny enough my problem isn't at the supermarket wanting everything in site. Even though yesterday at the farmers market they had some yummy fresh baked goods and I was able to walk away!!! Yay me!!!... Normally I would just get them...lol..Im proud of me!

I always shop with a list, etc. I am prepared in that sense, but when I got home yesterday, I didn't plan for dinner which I ended up eating not so good stuff. I work from 9 - 5 then go food shopping which consists of the supermarket and the farmers market. I don't get home til 7p or later. Next week I will make sure that I leave dinner ready. I will prepare a nice big salad with some chicken, etc so that once I get home dinner is ready and we can all eat a nice healthy meal together!!!
    Always eat before you go grocery shopping. It stops you from wanting everything in site. I don't plan which may be bad but life happens and if I can't manage it when it does I won't succeed. It happens to everyone. Just remember to keep your goal in mind. Whatever motivates you. Just keep healthy snacks around. Almonds are a good snack. I wouldn't suggest eating a bag of chips or junk food. That would be self defeating. I would say drink a big glass of water because that could help with the hunger long enough to fix healthy food. Good Luck.