7 years later :)

Options
kazsjourney
kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
I have done my "success" story previously....but tomorrow is a real significant milestone and wanted to share :)

7 years ago tomorrow morning (August 6) i went and joined up the local weight watchers meeting to try and lose some weight and attempt to get healthy. I didn't think I would even last the 6 week mark. I started my journey at 173.1 kilos (380 pounds)...Ive never weighed that weight since. As of this morning I weigh 91 kilos (200.2 pounds). I am still battling my weight, as good as I have done I haven't quite won yet. But to be 7 years later and still in excess of 80 kilos lost is still a win. As much as I b*tch and moan sometimes I am still really proud of where I am now and it will only get better. Hopefully at my 8 year "anniversary" I will be saying that I am at goal weight and trying to bulk a little to build some muscle to help fill my excess skin. I've had a amazing journey with some amazing people in it, especially my first personal trainer I would never be where I am without her support in those early years, and now the support of my current trainer and the fab support I from the ETP group, especially Sara and SS.

Ive done some things I never thought I would - I have been in a national magazine, a book, climbed the Sydney Harbor Bridge, ran a 12km race (and didnt stop or walk one bit of it), went adventure caving - I can do things now I only previously imagined. If you are one of my followers (and I know there is lots of you) wanting to lose weight - thinking you cannot - you can. You just have to decide on it, educate yourself, commit and do it! If you want to see a before and current photo...you can here

Before:
1704image2.png

Current:
12050_10151790528976062_1932886738_n1_zps4de30f63.jpg

Replies

• atomcluster
    Options
    WOW!! you have done so well and should be ridiculously proud of yourself!!
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Well done Kaz, your story is truly inspiring! I bet the old you would never believe the things the current you can do :)
  • krystalraven
    Options
    WOW!!! Well done!!!
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, well done :)
  • deeholman1
    deeholman1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    To loose that amount of weight takes courage, strength, stamina and guts, you are one tough cookie! Well done, you should be very proud of yourself! Keep up the good work! Have you tried yoga at all? it can tone your body and burns calories too :-)
  • josy55
    josy55 Posts: 2
    Options
    Amazing !!! Well done !
  • klz8241
    klz8241 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amazing :-)
  • jennorris1991
    jennorris1991 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! what a change!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself, the fact that you haven't put that weight back on tells me you are a success. Well done. You'll get to your ugw I have no doubt about it.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You. Are. Amazing!!!!! What an inspiration!!! :noway: Keep trucking on chick . . .you WILL get there!!!

P.S. It's my 1 year anniversary tomorrow - August 6th must be a great day to start!!! xx
  • Cara3023
    Cara3023 Posts: 14
    Options
    What an inspiration you are to everyone on this site. You look fantastic and should be so proud of yourself. Its people like you who can help the rest of us who fall at the first hurdle.
  • littlecjhatton
    Options
    WOW! Amazing, so amazing. What an inspiration you are. Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on all your hard work.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! you look great and thank you for sharing :)
  • mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well done to you on your journey. You're looking great :flowerforyou:
  • Dazellyn
    Dazellyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome and thanks for sharing!
  • lovelygirls
    Options
    Sooo inspiring! And you look great!!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • Danette73
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!! Awesome job!!!
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS job! Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing and best of luck with you healhier future!!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Fantastic spirit! Every day is a win now - thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!