The positive tip thread!

Options
Do you have good tips on weight loss? Share them with us, and stay positive! :) I begin:

* To get more calories burned during the day, add movement to your day. If you lie down, can you sit? Then do it! If you can sit you might as well stand. If you stand, you might as well dance!

* When you go shopping, leave your car in a spot that is further away from the store. That way you get some extra steps in your day.

* Get excuses to walk more. Need to get napkins from a drawer? Don't ask someone to do it, do it yourself.

* If you watch a show on TV, exercise during commercial breaks. Do sit-ups, push-ups, mambo steps etc.
If you don't want to do that, even light cleaning is ok. Empty the dishwasher, wipe the table, dust the TV stand etc.

What tips do you have?

Replies

• impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    -When in doubt... walk!
    - Bored at home? Walk. Stressed out over work? Walk. Need to call your mother and talk for an hour? Don't... instead go for a walk! (or walk while doing it I guess)
  • bigbeff
    bigbeff Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Squats while waiting for the kettle to boil :)
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    hunger is not a pain just a slight discomfort
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    barring medical contraindications, drink LOTS of water. Like a gallon or more a day. Several years ago my urologist told me that to prevent kidney stones I needed to drink at least 3 quarts of water a day ( based on the results of a 24 hour urine collection). Currently I aim for a gallon a day. I have noticed that the scale will go up 3-5lbs the day after I have skimped on my water.

to get this water in, I have a 32oz water bottle that is my constant companion. It is always within arms reach. I know I have to fill it 4x a day.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered about 40 minutes ago that adding glove and ankle weights to a workout is very effective in making it more difficult and burning more calories. I, and the puddle of sweat on my carpet, can both confirm this.
  • Bunny1177
    Bunny1177 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump! Good tips, dudes! Let's see if I have more...

* Are you going out to eat? Find out if the restaurant has nutritional information of their dishes online and find out what the macros are then pick a few choices from the menu that you know are ok with your diet.

* For low-carbers: going to a burger restaurant to eat? Lose the bun of the burger, no ketchup, side salad instead of fries + choose a high-fat, low sugar dressing. Drink water or a diet beverage.
  • krystalraven
    Options
    I like to exercise during the commercials! Each commercial break lasts about three minutes...so in an hour long programme you will have about 12 mins to exercise!
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good or bad, log every bite you eat. Your body doesn't recognize a free pass day. You might not be perfect every day, but at least you'll recognize what's going on and be accountable to yourself.