Natural sugar taking up most of my sugar limit.

Options
I keep going over my sugar limit but a lot of it comes from natural sugars so would it be okay if I go over it with artificial sugars?

Replies

• VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    From what Ive read on here numerous times:

Dont worry abotu natural sugars in fruits and veggies unless you are a diabetic!
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Lots of people, myself included, have tweaked their settings to make the sugar column disappear. Just look at carbs overall. The consensus is that the only reason it is there is to raise awareness if you are eating a lot of processed food and don't realize how much refined sugar you are getting.
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Lots of people, myself included, have tweaked their settings to make the sugar column disappear. Just look at carbs overall. The consensus is that the only reason it is there is to raise awareness if you are eating a lot of processed food and don't realize how much refined sugar you are getting.

Yep. I got tired of looking at that high sugar from fruit box too. Now I look at fiber and iron, things I actually need to pay attention too. My iron is ALWAYS low when I get blood work. I quit looking at sodium when I stopped eating side dishes that come out of boxes. By doing this I learned I get a bit too much fiber.
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers everyone.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    If you are in a caloric deficit it does not matter how much sugar you intake, even if it is not from fruits.
  • Kentuckygirl61
    Kentuckygirl61 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What kind of things that one can take on the go are high fiber, yet low sugar. I need some suggestions, because I am in the same place as this blogpost:embarassed: .
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    What kind of things that one can take on the go are high fiber, yet low sugar. I need some suggestions, because I am in the same place as this blogpost:embarassed: .

Box of cereal :--)
  • Cath_active
    Options
    Sugar seems to be my problem…it is always Sky. But I simply don’t understand to cut it down…even if only by a little. Let me explain, I’ve read and talk about this with a lot of people. One on my friends is on a very strict diet and as NO FRUIT ALLOWED….yet I’ve read that sugar in fruits and veggies are ok. That’s why I eat fruits in the morning instead of cereal.
    So, does this mean that my sugar column of 25g only is for processed food like bread, yogurt etc.?
    What do I do about milk? I don’t drink litters of milk just a 5 once glass sometimes and it always takes all my sugar away. It’s the same for my tiny glass of OJ in the morning.
    ANYWAY…I’m super mixed up right now
    Anybody else in the same situation? Please help
    Cath
  • ritchiedrama
    Options
    Sugar seems to be my problem…it is always Sky. But I simply don’t understand to cut it down…even if only by a little. Let me explain, I’ve read and talk about this with a lot of people. One on my friends is on a very strict diet and as NO FRUIT ALLOWED….yet I’ve read that sugar in fruits and veggies are ok. That’s why I eat fruits in the morning instead of cereal.
    So, does this mean that my sugar column of 25g only is for processed food like bread, yogurt etc.?
    What do I do about milk? I don’t drink litters of milk just a 5 once glass sometimes and it always takes all my sugar away. It’s the same for my tiny glass of OJ in the morning.
    Cath

If you remain under on calories, it does not matter how much sugar you get, it won't effect weight loss.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Cath

Unless you have a medical condition, do not stress about the sugar count. Eat the fruits and veggies.
  • notdebby
    notdebby Posts: 58
    Options
    I've changed mine up to track fiber and saturated fat instead because I was getting a fair amount of sugar from fruits and veggies too. I don't have blood sugar problems and even if I did, I only eat low glycemic load fruits and veggies anyway so, yeah, I don't bother with that one any longer.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I changed my to fiber. The sugar is really low.
  • BenPolonowski
    BenPolonowski Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I ignore the sugar from fruits and vegetables, I only count processed food sugars. So far it has been working well for me. This was confusing for me as well.
  • aNewCreation84
    Options
    For me, I tend to count overall carbohydrates (sugars AND fiber) more than sugars... because everything does turn to sugar. Personally, I'm always over on the "sugar" levels.