Clothing NSV!!!

Options
blc1971
blc1971 Posts: 170 Member
My scale has been stuck for about the last 7 weeks or so, but I've shrunk out of most of my clothes and I don't have anything left in my "skinny stash" to fall back on. I went shopping with my sweet hubby this weekend to pick up a few things but I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I stayed in the sale racks. However, while we were looking around I spotted a slinky, sexy, very fitted black dress that I just wanted to try on for fun. I looked through the rack and the largest they had was a size 12. I have been wearing a size 14, but the saleslady and my hubby told me to at least try it on and see. Looking at the dress, I didn't really think I would get it up past my behind, but I thought it would at least be good for a laugh. I went back into the dressing room and had a little "fat girl freakout" thinking that if it didn't fit it wouldn't be that funny after all, but I had already committed to try the damn dress on. I slipped the dress on and was so shocked that I was able to pull it up and then when I reached around the back to start the zipper I was even more shocked that I could pull the sides of the dress closed with one hand!! I got it mostly zipped and stepped out of the dressing room to get my husband to zip it the rest of the way. His jaw hit the floor!! So, not only was I able to get into a size 12 nearly-bandage style dress without busting the zipper, but I gave my husband a visual that he is still talking about 2 days later! LOL!!

No, I didn't buy the dress. It was expensive and not really something I needed, but just getting into it was my victory!! BTW...I started this journey at 213 lbs, a size 18/20 (getting tight!). I am now 173 and counting down! Blessings to all of you on your journeys!!

Replies

• jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great story! Good for you!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options

No, I didn't buy the dress. It was expensive and not really something I needed, but just getting into it was my victory!! BTW...I started this journey at 213 lbs, a size 18/20 (getting tight!). I am now 173 and counting down! Blessings to all of you on your journeys!!

Aw, you should've bought it! Or better still, your hubby shouldv'e treated you and then taken you out somewhere swanky to make you feel like royalty!

That's such a good feeling though, when "too small" clothes slip on easily, do up easily and look fabulous! Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! Keep at it :)
  • CorrectionsNurse
    Options
    wow, what a great story!! Bet that felt amazing. I can't wait for that day when I can get out of the "plus size" sections!! I mean it's hard to find plus size that doesn't look like wall paper, or something that looks way to young for me to wear anyhow!
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    awesome! so happy for you!!:happy:
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Your journey is so close to mine, started at 212 and size 18 and I'm now down to 169. I too just tried on a size 12 (jeans) and they totally fit! Woohoo!

Keep up the good work.
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love that feeling! Can't wait to be comfortable enough to enjoy shopping again.
  • blc1971
    Options
    Thanks guys!! It did feel really great and I was so excited to share it here. The success stories from others have really kept me going so I hope this inspires others.

:flowerforyou:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    fabulous, what a lovely victory x
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, make sure you go back to the store at regular intervals so you can snag that dress when it's marked down really cheap, then buy it in a smaller size so you can really get your use out of it.

I am now wearing many size 10's. I've noticed the smaller I get, the more of my size that's left on the rack.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    That's such a great feeling, WELL DONE.

Yesterday I had a productive day, and my girlfriend demanded we go through all my old clothes and throw away my fat clothes. Four black sacks later... I'm naked.
  • blc1971
    Options
    Love the suggestion to watch for the dress to go on sale and then snag it for future wear. My husband is so sweet and totally supported me buying the dress at full price but I just couldn't justify it to myself. Now maybe at 50% I will re-think that!

I have a couple of large storage tubs (like for Christmas stuff) that are full of too-big clothes. I have never been one to get rid of my old stuff before, which may be partially why I re-gained the weight in the past. However, this time I am planning to donate most all of it to Goodwill before the end of this year. I will have passed my 1-year anniversary by then so I am comfortable letting the old me go.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Love the suggestion to watch for the dress to go on sale and then snag it for future wear. My husband is so sweet and totally supported me buying the dress at full price but I just couldn't justify it to myself. Now maybe at 50% I will re-think that!

I have a couple of large storage tubs (like for Christmas stuff) that are full of too-big clothes. I have never been one to get rid of my old stuff before, which may be partially why I re-gained the weight in the past. However, this time I am planning to donate most all of it to Goodwill before the end of this year. I will have passed my 1-year anniversary by then so I am comfortable letting the old me go.

You can do it! I just took 2 big bags to Goodwill and have 2 more bags from going through my closet. While I'm there, I plan on browsing.
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a nice story. Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!! What great pay-off for all your hard work.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!!! I hope to get there someday
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Congratulations! Can't wait to get there...keep up all that dedication and hard work!
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - that's great. So pleased for you
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!!! I hope to get there someday

You WILL!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the best feeling!! I had the same thing about a week and a half ago. Sales girl asked me my size, told her hopefully a 13/14 ( I had not idea what size I wore), she said no, I think an 11/12. Took them into the dressing room, said a little prayer and tried them on. THEY FIT PERFECTLY!! I started at myself in the mirror for 10 minutes. ;o)

Congratulations!!! ;o)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!