Lost 56 LBS in 90 Days. Is it too quick ???

Hello Everyone ! I have started usinng MFP 90 days ago and lost little more than 56 pounds. I have been working out almost every day at least 80+ minutes of cardio and 30 minutes strength training. I am eating minimum 1500 calories a day but most of the time close to 2000. I have read on so many places maximum we should lose is 2 pounds per week so I am wondering if i am losing too quickly Is it unhealth to do so or I guess it depend on person to person. I do not feel or felt any suggested bad side effects. What are your thoughts ?????????

Replies

• LaddiDhaliwal
    LaddiDhaliwal Posts: 34 Member
    Thanks I guess you are right.
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Well I'm just jealous LOL :laugh:

Everything sounds fine, so lucky you and well done!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    See a doctor ASAP. Losing weight that quickly can change your blood chemistry and cause a heart attack, as well as give you other very serious health problems.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    If you started off really heavy, it's normal to lose weight rather quickly. Don't worry, it will slow down!

This!

I think when I started I dropped like 10 lbs in about a week and a half and it kept going like that for awhile. I did big changes all at the same time, quit soda, fast food, booze and crap and started exercising 5-6 times a week. I think at the beginning it coming off quickly will happen. The closer you get to your goal it may slow down and when that happens, don't get discouraged, just get more dedicated and let it push you!
  • alissaminten
    alissaminten Posts: 3 Member
    Not too fast at all! In fact, when I really eat the way I should, I lose 2 or more a week, even with 10-15 to lose total. I think that initial drop always happens, but then it levels out (as mine will, too, that last five always eludes me!!). Enjoy it and many, many CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    I think it depends on how much you weigh, and how much fat you have to lose. It will come off different for everyone. I lost alot of weight the first 90 days, and then it started to slow down. I've lost 59 lbs since 1/14/13, and I feel great. Good luck with your journey, and be proud with yourself...:happy:
  • christarae1
    christarae1 Posts: 245 Member
    The best thing to do is see a physician and have him track your weight loss. If you started heavier, it's probably normal. But as someone else said, losing that rapidly can cause some issues.
    WIth that being said, good job on keeping your calories in check and the workouts your doing!! Sounds like your well on your way to your goals!! :)
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    It sounds like you're doing everything right!! That doesn't sound too fast at all. Don't listen to people when they tell you its too fast or you should see a doctor. Thats nonsense. Great work and keep it up!!! You are an inspiration!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    How much of that was the first 2 weeks (because most of it will be water weight). Also, be careful with having an aggressive weight loss goal as it will lead to more muscle loss. With only 40 ish pounds to lose less you should be around 1 lb per week. And since you are very active, it would be eat more calories (probably around 2500-2800).

BTW, what are your goals?
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    The best thing to do is see a physician and have him track your weight loss. If you started heavier, it's probably normal. But as someone else said, losing that rapidly can cause some issues.
    WIth that being said, good job on keeping your calories in check and the workouts your doing!! Sounds like your well on your way to your goals!! :)

I guess you are right I started really heavy my starting weight was 368 and now I am at 312. I have decided with so much will power that i didnt eat any bad food in 90 days I kept my sugars and sodium intakes under control I been driniking more than 14 glassed of water and I sweat a lot doing exercise I work out 6 days minimum for 2 hours at least I eat good food high in protien with balanced carbs and fat everyday I try to keep up with my daily value nutrient needs . In some weeks i lost more than 5 and 6 pound but now it started slowing down last week i only lost nearly 2.5 pounds. So i guess I am on the right track hopefully.
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    How much of that was the first 2 weeks (because most of it will be water weight). Also, be careful with having an aggressive weight loss goal as it will lead to more muscle loss. With only 40 ish pounds to lose less you should be around 1 lb per week. And since you are very active, it would be eat more calories (probably around 2500-2800).

Ok I will keep in mind your advice. First two weeks i lost more than 10 12 pounds.
    My goals are Starting weight 368 current weight 312 My ideal wieight should be around 205 lb
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    i have come across this post
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1060456-198-lbs-lost-in-a-little-over-a-year-d
    the guy has lost more that 196lbs in a year so i guess the heavier you are more you lose quick
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator

Ok I will keep in mind your advice. First two weeks i lost more than 10 12 pounds.
    My goals are Starting weight 368 current weight 312 My ideal wieight should be around 205 lb

At 312 lbs, I wouldn't stress about it too much now. Just make sure you are getting a good amount of protein and lift heavy. This will help with muscle retention.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member

This. Heavier folks can lose weight faster, but rapid weight loss can also be a sign of some bad stuff (diabetes is one of them). So check in with your doc, and as long as s/he says you're doing ok, keep it up.

edited for spelling
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    Ok I will keep it in Mind but I have got my blodd test before starting but i will do it again
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    thanks mate
  • mikeruz
    mikeruz Posts: 35 Member
    I started MFP last week and weighed in at 319.5. After 1 week I am down to 308 and I am not stopping there. I try to eat approximately 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day and work out approximately 45 minutes per day everyday (burning approximately 700). I think it may be easier for bigger guys to lose weight faster than others.
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    I started MFP last week and weighed in at 319.5. After 1 week I am down to 308 and I am not stopping there. I try to eat approximately 1,200 - 1,500 calories a day and work out approximately 45 minutes per day everyday (burning approximately 700). I think it may be easier for bigger guys to lose weight faster than others.

Agrred but only at begining once you are close to goal weight goes away slowly
  • LaddiDhaliwal
    It sounds like you're doing everything right!! That doesn't sound too fast at all. Don't listen to people when they tell you its too fast or you should see a doctor. Thats nonsense. Great work and keep it up!!! You are an inspiration!!

Thanks agreed but I guess seeing a doctor in a while isnt bad thing.