Confused?

Options
Ok so I have been working with a PT for the last 6 months. Recently my trainer decided that he wanted to do a cardio/strength training routine with me. He has intructed me to do only 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after our workouts of cardio because he said our session will do 90 minute of what i would do on my own - in a 30 minute session.. so he does not want me to overtrain.

So how would I log this into the exercise log? I'm confused.

I do know that when I am done with him, I am sweating so bad it looks like someone dumped a bucket of water on top of me.

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    circuit training. But if your really that sweaty, most likely you are burning a lot more than mfp says. Try getting a heart rate monitor. That will give you the most accurate information.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    ahh that makes sense.. I was trying to enter every exercise he was doing with me but it just wasn't adding up.. I can tell you today my heart was SOARING after I was done.. Thank you for the help.. I'm gonna enter circuit trianing.. it doesn't have to be accurate.. I'm just looking for an idea..
  • twinsmomma02
    twinsmomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    45 minutes of circuit training with my personal trainer has me sweating so bad and physically exhausted to the point where I can only manage maybe 15-20 more minutes if I am lucky afterwards on the elliptical! Circuit training is new to me but that sounds like what your trainer is also having you do from the sound of it!
  • Speck42
    Speck42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to get a heart rate monitor. It doesn't need to be fancy. I got one for $50 at Sears. This will help you see how many calories you are burning while strength training. What I learned was that just because I was working hard didn't mean I was burning loads of calories but I was building muscle. I had a personal trainer that tried to make strength training workouts that would raise my heart rate and build muscle at the same time. The only way to get a better account of calories burned is to use a heart rate monitor.