Damaged metabolism, please help.

Options
How do you reverse damage to your metabolism? I am afraid I may have damaged mine. When I started with MFP I followed what the calories given to me were (1200) Now at maintence if I go much over that I gain. I am 63 inches tall, weigh 111.

Replies

• water_coloured
    water_coloured Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Slowly increase your calories, starting from 1200 and going up to your maintenance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk
  • Lmullaney79
    Lmullaney79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Whole30 to reset my eating habits, sleep habits, and metabolism... check it out.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The first thing I would question is whether or not you actually damaged your metabolism as I think the concept gets taken out of context quite regularly.

But having said that, I'd take your current average intake and incrementally increase it slowly by adding calories each week. Assuming your protein and fat intake are close to reasonable I'd add it into carbohydrates.
  • TammyVieu
    TammyVieu Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    How do you reverse damage to your metabolism? I am afraid I may have damaged mine. When I started with MFP I followed what the calories given to me were (1200) Now at maintence if I go much over that I gain. I am 63 inches tall, weigh 111.

Honestly, your BMR isn't much higher than 1200, so if you were following that to begin with, just "up" the calories a little bit at a time. I'm 63" and weigh 110 pounds at maintenance and with my sedentary job and "lightly active" lifestyle, I average around 1550 calories per day intake.
  • MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    Slowly increase your calories, starting from 1200 and going up to your maintenance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk

Awesome, Someone else knows about Layne Norton and his work. :) Glad you are getting the work out. I've probably posted that video 5 times on here.