Options

Replies

• BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm on the look out for low(ish) carb, high(ish) calorie, because I have gestational diabetes. My recent fav recipes are:

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/05/chocolate-brownie-mug-cake-low-carb-gluten-free.html

http://blubx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/almond-cheese-biscuits.html?m=1

I shall have to check out all the links.
  • natashalh1998
    natashalh1998 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JazzieM123456
    JazzieM123456 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tamikawoodson
    tamikawoodson Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    http://www.FaveHealthyRecipes.com
    I was able to download for FREE 26 Low Carb Recipes. This site has a lot of different recipes for low calories, gluten free, low fate etc. and each recipe breaks down the nutritional value per serving.
  • 4Pookiecat
    4Pookiecat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My husband and I try to have a side salad every night. When we start to get sick of them, I make a vegetable soup that is really awesome. Add whatever veggies you like but I add:

cut up carrots
    a couple onions
    a couple stalks of celery
    cut up cabbage
    a can of petite diced tomatoes
    a large jar of V-8 juice (awesome flavoring!)

I add those to a crock pot or cook them on the stove until the veggies are as soft as you like them. You can also add meat to the soup - I like left over pork roast. It is great as a whole meal or as a side for multiple days.

We love it. It is easy too!
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options

a large jar of V-8 juice (awesome flavoring!)

I wish we had that here, stock cubes/stock pots are *so* high in carbs (full of sugar and/or flour), it's difficult to create a decent stock for soups if no homemade is available :ohwell:
  • LeboMatho
    LeboMatho Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Here's a Pinterest board that I created - I store all of my keto/low-carb recipes on here. Some I've tried, others I don't have the ingredients but this should help you out:

http://goo.gl/QByOq6

[I forgot if MFP allows hyperlinking or not, it's been a while since I've been here]

Saving this to check it out when I'm not using my work computer.
  • keekahari
    keekahari Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump to check out later. Thanks!!!
  • ruexenyme
    Options
    Bump
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    bump
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for MFP to release its recipe database -- I've added so many low-carb recipes so far! I'm happy to share from my personal stockpile of recipes, too, if you ask. (Yes, I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive...I have spreadsheets!) =)

Try shredded rutabaga in place of hash browns or shredded potatoes. If you stick to a small serving, you can keep your carbs down, and it's seriously delicious.

Also: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html The author, Linda, reviews and updates her recipes, too. Starred recipes are Atkins induction friendly.
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Low Carb No Bake Cookies (Great for a snack)

Ingredients:

Cocoa Powder 4 tbsp
    Coconut Oil (the semi-solid type) equiv of 1.5 sticks of butter
    Peanut Butter, creamy kind (1 cup)
    Splenda (or low-carb sweeter of your choice)
    Unflavored Isolate Protein Powder (I use pea, but you can use whey): This is a binder in lieu of oats. I use ~60 grams.
    Vanilla Extract- 1 tbsp
    2 cups of Half & Half (can substitute for Almond milk)
    Wax paper
    Tray

Directions:

Put cream into pot, add coconut oil, splenda, cocoa. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 min. Add in protein powder (first), peanut butter, vanilla extract . Stir well. Place cookie-sized dollops on wax paper. Put in freezer to chill. They store pretty well frozen. I made 12 good sized cookies with this recipe.

Macros (if you make 1 dozen):

~500 calories per cookie

11 carbs (total), 50g of fat, 9g of protein.
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    QUESADILLA QUICHE!! Loooove this! I actually had it for breakfast this morning. I've made it for dinner too.

8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
    4 ounce can chopped green chiles
    1 medium Roma tomato, seeded and diced, about 4 ounces
    5 green onions, chopped
    6 eggs
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Put the cheese, chiles, tomatoes and green onions in a greased 9 1/2-10" pie plate. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt. Pour into the pie plate and mix everything just to combine. Bake at 350º 40 minutes or until the center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

SO delish!
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Low Carb No Bake Cookies (Great for a snack)

Ingredients:

Cocoa Powder 4 tbsp
    Coconut Oil (the semi-solid type) equiv of 1.5 sticks of butter
    Peanut Butter, creamy kind (1 cup)
    Splenda (or low-carb sweeter of your choice)
    Unflavored Isolate Protein Powder (I use pea, but you can use whey): This is a binder in lieu of oats. I use ~60 grams.
    Vanilla Extract- 1 tbsp
    2 cups of Half & Half (can substitute for Almond milk)
    Wax paper
    Tray

Directions:

Put cream into pot, add coconut oil, splenda, cocoa. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 min. Add in protein powder (first), peanut butter, vanilla extract . Stir well. Place cookie-sized dollops on wax paper. Put in freezer to chill. They store pretty well frozen. I made 12 good sized cookies with this recipe.

Macros (if you make 1 dozen):

~500 calories per cookie

11 carbs (total), 50g of fat, 9g of protein.

Er. Ma. GERD.
  • blpope
    blpope Posts: 163
    Options
    bump
  • jplowell3
    jplowell3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know the lingo yet but what on earth does BUMP in your replies mean??