Fitbit tracker?

Options
Anyone here use the Fitbit app or Fitbit tracker? I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the best to use --- if it's even worth it at all.. a dvice??????

Replies

• chuckwicker
    Options
    I've never used Fitbit. I use Endomondo and have been very happy with it. It tracks what you do, how many cals burned, you can set various goals depending on what you want to do and if you're walking or running, it uses the GPS in you cell phone to map your course. It also allows you to listen to your music if you have 'em saved on your phone. it has an auto pause feature you can enable or disable if you choose that will pause your times if you stop walking or running for some reason. I'm sure it has many other useful features as well but i only use it for my walking since that's the only exercise i do at the moment. you can link it to MFP as well so whatever you do will automatically roll over here once you complete and save your workout there which is very handy.
  • chuckwicker
    Options
    I have never used Fitbit. I use Endomondo. For what I do which is strictly walking at the moment, it's great. It tracks my time, distance, cals burned. I can set goals such as distance or time. I can listen to my music that's saved on my phone which is nice. It can link to MFP so whatever you do rolls over here once you save it there. I know there are many other nice useful features as well but I haven't used it for anything other than my walking.

OK.. SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST. WHEN I SENT THE LAST ONE I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE SO I DIDNT KNOW IT WENT THRU.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. Had it since Nov last year & not taken it off since (only when charging while in the shower). Endomondo does not track what you do all day so it's pointless unless you are actually with GPS all day.

I love it so much that I hit 40,000 + steps a day easily. I would not have done that before. I would have just gone for my run & then done nothing else all day. Now I'll still go for my run & then still make sure I hit my goal in steps. I got one for my 19yo son & my husband as well. We all love it. I've managed to keep my weight off thanks to the motivation it gives me, the badges I have to earn & the fact I now have so many calories left at the end of the day I no longer have to watch what I eat so much anymore. 1500+ cals just for walking all day is not bad at all.

I managed to get a PT to get one for his mum & dad... he was impressed. So was my Dr when I showed him that the One was keeping me from taking painkillers for my back...all through the motivation to keep moving & walking.

Get one, you will not regret it at all. Best money I ever spent. I use Endomondo when I go for my run just so I know the distance...as far as calories go for that it is like MFP & over estimates. Fitbit does not seem to do that, if anything it's almost spot on. I've used it while on my run as well, on the activity timer function...while using my HRM. Both came in so close in cals it was scary.
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit. I have the world's most demanding dog and never knew how to track my many walks of the day....they vary in speed...you know what it's like with a dog. I got my Fitbit almost a year ago. I set my activity level on MFP to sedentary and then just let the Fitbit keep track of me. I have walked 1,900 miles so far. Had hoped for 2,500 by the year and will be short of that but well over 2000.
    I find it encourages me to be active and I don't have to worry about turning it on and off. It syncs anytime I am near my computer.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Anyone here use the Fitbit app or Fitbit tracker? I'm having a hard time figuring out which is the best to use --- if it's even worth it at all.. a dvice??????

you use the fitbit app WITH the fitbit. It seems expensive, but it is well worth the money. Customer service is amazing.

Like other posters, I only take mine off for bathing or charging. it is amazing to see how sedentary I am on my lazy days, and how active I am on my active days. I havent logged exercise on MFP for ages because fitbit does such a good job.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've been using Fitbit one for about a month now. It has motivated me to move more than I ever thought it would. I forget I'm even wearing it. It's so nice to look at it throughout the day and now how much you are moving. There have been days where I was ready to just sit down and relax for the night but I was close to my goal for the day so it motivated me to get up and move. My husband, and brother and sister in law also wear the Fitbit Flex (they love it). And it also becomes kind of a competition between the four of us to get the most steps haha, more motivation to move! I would highly recommend it!
  • laurakrowe
    Options
    There are several different types of Fitbit devices-which do you guys recommend?
    I work out 4-5 days a week and run several times a week
  • jacqualinebohannon
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and I love love love it. I would recommend it or the Flex. The Flex is waterproof. That would be a plus for it.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I just got the 'one'.... I mulled over it for months and finally gave in. I have been wearing it all weekend and I love it already. I am a bit disappointed that my ipad version does not automatically sync with it, but my computed does the job just great.

I am doing insanity at the moment and was literally guessing calories burnt! I also went out jogging with a work colleague today to push up my steps and cals burned - it detinately makes you feel quite competitive. I like the little flower (girly I know), that grows as you get more active!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit One since January and love it. I use a Polar HRM for my cardio and only ever take the Fitbit off for showering. I use MapMyRun when I do my runs so that I can get my mileage, pace, etc. but I never use the GPS calories burned (for example I walked/jogged yesterday and had 271 cals burned MMR had 512 cals burned). I log my HRM cals into MFP and Fitbit syncing adjusts for manually logged calories. I know a guy who got the Fitbit wrist band when it came out, but said he prefers the One.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I got the fitbit flex last week and have been tinkering with it to see how close it comes to estimating my calories. After figuring out my walking and running stride lengths I think it is pretty close on the distance but might come in a little high on the calorie burn, close but maybe 5-10% high. All in all I really like it.
  • dacspace
    dacspace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Fitbit Flex for about 2 weeks now. So far I like it! I have it synced with MFP, which is great, however I did turn off the negative adjustment feature. That seemed to be a bit too confusing for me! I may try it again as I become more familiar with the Fitbit. The Flex tracks steps/miles, calories burned (seems a tiny bit more accurate than MFP estimates but nothing is really 100% except maybe a heartrate monitor), sleep and can track food/water if you choose to use their site for that purpose. I track food/water on MFP and then let the Fitbit sync up to track my walking/jogging. I wear mine constantly except when showering and charging.