A Small Victory (Mentally)

Options
dawn_h_d
dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
I have NEVER EVER NEVER EVER liked running. I have been doing Wii Fit, and I realized that I can run in "laps" around the inside of my garage (2.5 stall) on the running ones, and the remote will pick it up. I decided to try the 10 minute run the other day, AND SURVIVED. Then yesterday, something I said that I NEVER EVER NEVER EVER thought would EVER come out of my mouth - I am using the "Rarely" list so I keep rotating all the different choices - I looked over at my boyfriend and starting pouting. He asked me why. I told him because there was no running activities on Rarely done list. As soon as the words came out, I couldn't believe it. I (ME, MOI) SAID WHAT!?!?!?!?! So today, I decided to do the 10 minute run again, and kinda enjoyed it. WTH? LOL

To me, that is a small victory. I just had to share in my excitement :blushing:

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep it up :) If you're interested in running, maybe check out Couch to 5K. Pretty good program for beginners!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good for you. Running is hard, but very rewarding. Next thing you know, the garage won't be big enough and you'll have to start running around the block!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I was the same...always hated running and then I realized one day I sorta wanted to try it. I have been doing the c25k and I am one week in and I realized I like jogging even though I cant do it for very long at a time.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! I'm not a runner at all, but Wii running seems to be something I can do, too! Keep it up...even the little stuff helps! :) With any luck, you'll faaaaar surpass me and be able to run without the Wii!
  • mgpryor37
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    keep at it and before you know it you will love it :) I HATED running 2 years ago... I am now training for my 6th and 7th half marathons... it's a weird phenomenon but based on a lot of MFP feedback, I think it happens often. Once you learn how to push through the pain/frustration it's very gratifying to see yourself improve and then you just want to keep improving...

happy running :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!