bump for later use
  • Alanac511
    Alanac511 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mittens817
    mittens817 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    l looked quick at your pinterest board. Some look really good. Thanks for posting!
  • LeboMatho
    LeboMatho Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Sorry I don't know the lingo yet but what on earth does BUMP in your replies mean??
    Originally an acronym for "Bring Up My Post," it's a nonsense post to make the thread stay at the top of the forum due to activity.

Here on MFP, it also puts the post in the bumpers' My Topics category so they can find it later without bookmarking it. :smile:
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have started eating low carb recently, and have found pasta/rice subs a good way to go. So, if you take a courgette, cut off the top and bottom and use a potato peeler to cut long strips off it you will have a pasta alternative. Cooked cauliflower, lightly mashed will replace rice with most dishes. Dippy eggs? cut bacon into long strands, bake it in the oven until it is nice and crisp and dip away! :D

PS I made this last night:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/courgetti_37722

Isn't bacon already cut into long strands? :devil:
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread. You've already listed my "holy grail" blogs and websites!
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Check out this website for some GREAT low carb recipes. Someone told me about it and there's a lot to choose from: http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

This site is awesome! Especially check out the Almond Cheese Rounds. We make them like biscuits using the note at the very bottom of the page, under the picture! They have a great consistency and taste similar to the biscuits at Red Lobster or Ruby Tuesdays.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/almond_cheese_rounds.html
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    These all sounds so good. Thanks
  • cgordon94
    Options
    Thanks for that meal tip, I'm going to look up the recipe. And congrats on your weight loss!
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the site links.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    These are really good alone, with butter, or as a sandwich.

Revolution Rolls

Ingredients:
    3 eggs at room temp
    3 tablespoons light cream cheese at room temp
    A pinch or 1/16 tsp cream of tartar (you can use white vinegar or lemon juice as a substitute)
    1 packet splenda

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate egg whites from egg yolks, putting whites in one bowl and yolks in another bowl. Add cream of tartar (or vinegar or lemon juice) to whites. Beat whites on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside.

Add cream cheese and splenda to yolks. Whisk yolk mixture until blended. Gently whisk yolk mixture into whites being careful to not over mix and make the whites fall. On a cookie sheet lined w parchment paper, make six equal sized blobs, not touching.

Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes (Mine cooked in 25 minutes). They are good warm, but awesome cold and can be toasted without problem! Freeze the left overs in plastic wrap or individual sandwich bags or keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days in a large ziploc bag. Toast them to make them crispy again!

Makes 6 Rolls or 3 servings
  • szulbam
    szulbam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump