Whole30 Experience?

Options
Anyone on here try Whole30 to reset your eating, metabolism, etc? I'm on day 2 and tracking food still just for curiosity, would be interested to know others exoeriences good/bad.

Replies

• Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have! In the beginning it went well, I lost weight but after a week that was done. Still I felt it was good just to reset and go back to our basics. Over all how ever I don't think it is the ultimate solution, especially for those who go back to old habits right afterwards. Should be more like Whole-life, I did add the diary again tho.
  • nncantrell
    nncantrell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did the Whole30 in May...I struggled the first week or so with the "hangover"...so that part wasn't fun, but other than that I really enjoyed it and learned a whole lot. I didn't weigh at the beginning but I knew about where I was and lost 15-20lbs in the 30 day span. Other than weight loss I noticed my skin glowed, hair was shiny and I had lots of energy week 2 and on. Also, I didn't notice any change in clothes fit until about 2 weeks in...it was like I woke up one morning and I had deflated, which I think was "wheat belly". Loved that! I hope to challenge myself with a Whole30 a couple times a year moving forth. As of now I try and follow the paleo way of eating (of course weekends continue to be my nemesis), which is very similar but less exclusive. Good luck and stay strong! :)
  • mirandaeaston
    Options
    On day 5 feeling good. I have been paleo since Dec 2012 so not as big of a jump as for some. But I did need to take out dariy, honey, dark choclate and my weekly soca rita. I was intermiting fasting before so had to add another meal so now I eat at 6am 12pm and 6pm this gives me the most time between meals. I also cut out TV after doing a time audit and seeing the waste so now up at 5 am and bed at 9pm. Also noticed I need to cut back on fruit and add more vegies. The main differance is the eating has become active and planed before I was reactive. I do feel so much better and wish I knew about this sooner and see no reason I can not countinue this the rest of my life. I will reach my goal weight by this time next year if not sooner not worried. I feel the change happening and I will let my body heal .
  • nncantrell
    nncantrell Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! I can't believe I forgot to mention the re-introduction period! It is very interesting to see how your body reacts to dairy and gluten. I found out dairy causes my skin to break out. Gluten causes me to bloat. Do be aware of the hangover you will get after introducing these things back in...slow is best.
  • HPB2
    HPB2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 16 and I'm loving it! My skin has cleared up so much! I am really surprised at how much energy I have. I've improved my running time! I'm debating whole60 but I have the Color Run on 8/31 and want to visit a favorite restaurant. We will see!
  • bluegrassgrl03
    bluegrassgrl03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 9, and have had a pretty easy go of it so far. However, I'm curious how many calories other people on Whole30 are eating. I'm shocked at how low I'm ending up each day. Often in the 1200s - 1400s, although yesterday, I didn't even get to 1200. Although, what's more astonishing is that I'm really not that hungry - I was always ravenous at these caloric levels when eating a traditional grain, sugar, and dairy-filled diet, and it was not sustainable if I could even manage to eat that little to begin with.

At 212 lbs and 5'9", I'm wondering if I need to eat more, especially since my workouts burn about 500 calories 5-6 times/week. I'm doing the immuno version, so my food choices are a bit more limited, which I think is part of the problem (oh, I miss eggs for breakfast!). I should probably be eating more veggies and less fruit, but I'm keeping my carbs under 100g/day. On the plus side, I did lose 8 pounds of post-vacation bloat the first week!

I've been keeping a blog if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://fittestbyforty.blogspot.com/

Please chime in on your daily calories!
  • appletrina
    Options
    I'm on Day 9, and have had a pretty easy go of it so far. However, I'm curious how many calories other people on Whole30 are eating. I'm shocked at how low I'm ending up each day. Often in the 1200s - 1400s, although yesterday, I didn't even get to 1200. Although, what's more astonishing is that I'm really not that hungry - I was always ravenous at these caloric levels when eating a traditional grain, sugar, and dairy-filled diet, and it was not sustainable if I could even manage to eat that little to begin with.

At 212 lbs and 5'9", I'm wondering if I need to eat more, especially since my workouts burn about 500 calories 5-6 times/week. I'm doing the immuno version, so my food choices are a bit more limited, which I think is part of the problem (oh, I miss eggs for breakfast!). I should probably be eating more veggies and less fruit, but I'm keeping my carbs under 100g/day. On the plus side, I did lose 8 pounds of post-vacation bloat the first week!

I've been keeping a blog if anyone wants to check it out:
    http://fittestbyforty.blogspot.com/

Please chime in on your daily calories!

I noticed that I was consuming less calories as well. I just finished my Whole30 and I think my weight loss had plateaued because I wasn't eating enough. I never felt hunger because I loaded up on proteins and fats but I think that I needed more veggies. I'm about to start my second Whole30 and this time I'm going to focus on more calories, veggies and exercise this time. I really like the change my body showed me after getting rid of all that junk food that was sitting in my system!