Mid-Life Crisis NSV's

Options
Wuggums
Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
Three years and 145 pounds ago, I barely wanted to leave the house. But I've found a whole new me!

First, I bought a dress. Now you have to understand, I NEVER wear dresses and I still haven't worn this one out of the house. But now I can say I own a dress and I bought it simply because it looked damn good!
8025559A-BCF8-4534-A3DF-250555F609EA-99720-00001767B28BC0F2.jpg

Then, I decided to get the tattoo I've always wanted
22510fb6-4f2e-458e-bad0-72c2b307512e.jpg

I started swimming and hiking and biking and lifting heavy stuff. I was slowly starting to find the girl that was hidden inside for almost 20 years. This spring, I took a trip to Italy that I'd always dreamed of - and I went alone because my OH didn't want to join me. That's okay...I met some new friends.
image.jpg

And I topped it all off yesterday by flinging myself out of a perfectly good airplane
d0a3a863-9723-487d-89bd-81d5e7bc9bbe.jpg

I still have at least 30 more pounds I'd like to lose, but the scale is not usually my friend. My words of wisdom...the number on the scale is just that. It's just a number. I'm stronger than I've ever been. I'm healthier and more active than I've ever been. I no longer let fear or shame or anything else stop me from doing the things I want to do. I feel like Superman!

Replies

• kdmervin
    kdmervin Posts: 42
    Options
    Awesome, you are amazing! Keep up the good work. You should be so proud of your accomplishments.
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Glad you're living life to the fullest - way to be!!!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo :bigsmile:
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love the dress.
    I love the amazingly well-done tattoo.
    And you are simply inspiring! Hopefully soon I'll be able to fling myself out of an airplane, too!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    great job and congrats
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    Options
    You're awesome!! Congrats on your new life, you look so amazingly happy!
    :drinker:
  • crissylynn2000
    Options
    I just signed up on this site and I am ready to get started! Your story is so inspirational and has me excited to start this journey! Thank you for sharing!
  • cyapounds
    cyapounds Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratz you are smoken' there must be a lot of fire in you to hold that many dragons!
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    You are amazing Wuggs ... always an inspiration! You look friggin' amazing in that dress! Mega-Hawt!!!!!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You are amazing Wuggs ... always an inspiration! You look friggin' amazing in that dress! Mega-Hawt!!!!!

Aww shucks...thanks Mikey! You're looking pretty good yourself. Why haven't I seen your arms lately?!
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You are..... "Simply Marvelous" my dear! Keep trying new things, not just a bucket list! Our minds grow with each new experience!:flowerforyou:
  • Jesusforlife
    Options
    Wear the dress out and enjoy a whistle or two!!!!! :smile: It is a pretty dress and you worked hard show it off!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    That is all pretty stinking amazing! And you look awesome in the dress (and I WANT the shoes). You need to find a place to wear it!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, and an inspiration!

ETA: But I do think it's nuts to jump out of a perfectly good airplane! LOL
  • lifesigns64
    Options
    I read this post then went and then read your profile.... I have never been more moved or motivated!!!!! Plus you look super amazing!!!! Way to go!!
  • learnerdriver
    learnerdriver Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You like you've had a fantastic time, and enjoying a fabulous life
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so impressed with that tattoo!! I bet that took a LONG time to finish.

Well done - awesome achievements - jumping out of a plane - holy cow!!

Congratulations on your new lease on life :)
  • kfheston78
    kfheston78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    FREAKING AWESOME.

That is all.
  • thistimewillbedifferent
    Options
    You SHOULD feel like Superman! Wow! And I agree with the other posters who say you should create an occasion to wear that dress -- you look fantastic! Am so happy that you're finally doing everything you want to do. Very inspirational -- thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!