Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

After losing 15-20 pounds do I need to adjust my calories?

My starting weight was 180, and I am currently between 161 and 164 (depending on the day). I lost the weight eating 1100-1200 calories a day. It has taken 70 days to lose those pounds.

Do I need to adjust my calories now to be lower/higher?

I am 5'6", 21 yrs old.

Edit- my goal weight is 135.

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    use the scooby calculator to find the amount of calories you should be consuming
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    If you still have weight to lose then yes. If you are now wanting to maintain this weight then yes. So Yes you do :bigsmile:

I recalculate my calories every 5lbs I lose.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    use the scooby calculator to find the amount of calories you should be consuming

^^^This. Because I have a feeling you aren't eating enough.
  • Dutchie848
    Dutchie848 Posts: 17 Member
    My starting weight was 180, and I am currently between 161 and 164 (depending on the day). I lost the weight eating 1100-1200 calories a day. It has taken 70 days to lose those pounds.

Do I need to adjust my calories now to be lower/higher?

I am 5'6", 21 yrs old.

Edit- my goal weight is 135.

Whatever you do, don't go below 1200 calories a day. It has been scientifically proven that going below that is very harmful to your body. If you aren't loosing with 1200 I'd go to your doctor and see what the healthy options are. If you aren't eating enough, you won't loose. Sounds strange, but it's true. If you aren't eating enough food (which I don't think you are) your body will store everything instead of digesting it. It goes into hunger mode.