South Beach Diet and PCOS

Options
Anyone (with or without PCOS) ever do South Beach Diet lifestyle change? I've been recommended to do it from another friend with PCOS since i need to change to low GI foods. Interested in thoughts and suggestions for where to find Phase recipes and foods.:smile:

Replies

• NOLA19
    NOLA19 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on week two of Phase 1 and this is the second time I've done Phase 1 this summer. I went back to it because of the success I had the first time around and it is a great jump start. I really enjoy Phase 1 and do not feel I am missing anything because it is only a two week period. After that you get to add back some stuff like fruit and, my personal favorite, wine for Phase 2. If you have never done it before the first few days you may feel a little off but that goes away.

Here's a link to a great site for all sorts of South Beach recipes: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/
  • allison0102
    allison0102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've found the South Beach Diet to be the easiest to stick to out of all the various diets I've tried over the years. As Nola mentioned, the first couple days to a week is a little rough, but if you plan meals ahead of time for the week and keep plenty of good snacks, it's not too bad. The hardest part for me was sugar withdrawal. :) I FEEL best when I eat what's inline with the South Beach phases 1 and 2. Plus, I've found that I drop weight pretty quick with it. Even if I don't stick to it 100%, I've succumbed to the fact that really, this is the lifestyle for me. I've gotten some great meal ideas off of pinterest.