Carb Ideas

Options
Hi
So I tend to eat brown rice alot as part of the 'carb' part of my meals. I'd like to try something else but can't think of any thing other than couscous and sweet potatoe. My meals usually consist of some protein ( fish/chicken/ turkey) and Veg. I am looking for a carb accompaniment.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Replies

• CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Quinoa!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Cookies, ice cream, fruit, bread, pasta, candy, oats, cereal, wheat, any product containing flour, corn, potato, chips, crackers...

The list goes on. Carbs are the easiest thing to get in your diet.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi
    So I tend to eat brown rice alot as part of the 'carb' part of my meals. I'd like to try something else but can't think of any thing other than couscous and sweet potatoe. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

McVities
  • Kicker12
    Kicker12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks , I will try the quinoa.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    bread, potatoes, rice, veggies & fruit (of course!)

Wow! That's actually all I can think of right now, but in those few things, there are endless choices of preparation.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    pasta, whole grain bread, beans/legumes, corn, fruit salad, roasted potatoes.
  • thisgirlsonfire
    thisgirlsonfire Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Along with Fruits and Veggies..... You can add Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Whole grain breads. On the Bread choose a high Fiber Bread. Just my suggestion! And, remember........

Creating Healthy Eating habits doesn't have to be about omitting Carbohydrates from your diet. It has to be about choosing the right ones. But, I think you already know this? Good Luck!:happy: