Lets do it! You ready?

Options
Hi all,

My name is Judy Brackney. I am 66 years old, a mother of two women. One is a music teacher and the other a RN. I am so proud of them. I was introduce to this site by my daughter Sharon. I really like it, just learning how to use it. I am a diabetic and very over weight, I am just sick and tire of it all and want to loose it for good. Sometimes you just give up and think your just to old to care what you look like, but I know that is not true. I want to be around for my family and see them grow old with me. Life is what you make of it. So I am ready to do it this time, are you? I am also a grandma of 5 and a Great- grandma of 2 and adopted 1 = 3,lol. All beautiful and special to me. I love them all. So here I go again. I been on many diet plans. I this this one is Great! Judy B.

Replies

• SmoothRiko
    SmoothRiko Posts: 193
    Options
    Good for you Judy! You can do it. We're all here to support you!
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this!

Has your physician put you on a diet plan that you're following?

You'll get a lot of different recommendations here, but one of the best is "move more, eat less." Good luck!!
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Judy! Sounds like you have a lot to live for. You're right...life IS what you make of it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. You can never have too much support or too many friends! Glad you have decided to make a change for the better!!!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    You'll do great! It is harder when you are older, but as long as you stick with it, and also eat enough and not too little (yes, many people actually eat too little), you'll do fine. It's great that you are already so committed!

You'll see my ticker shows 17 pounds, in total I've lost 44. Between tracking calories and exercise, it all makes it so worth while, especially when you start feeling better each and every day. Right now i'm sidelined with some medical issues that require very little moving around, so my walks and yoga have suffered quite a bit, but I'm happy at this weight and feel so much better now that i'm not lugging around the extra weight :)
  • JudyBrackney
    JudyBrackney Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WOW! Michelle, that is great you lost that much. My first three days of exercising and eating right. I hope I can do good like you did. I just want to feel good and look good in my clothes and get out of sizes 2x and 3x clothes. So WTG michelle!
    Judy Brackney :smile:
  • JudyBrackney
    Options
    Thank you! Judy Brackney
  • JudyBrackney
    Options
    No Kim, I haven't asked my doctor, but I know he would approve of this for me. I am over weight and just need to get off my butt and move and this is what is doing it. I am a diabetic and exercise is a must. I never liked to exercise, but my two daughters want me to live to be very old woman and not die. I do too, so I am giving it my best here and doing all I can to lick the weight issue. Thank you for sending me a message. Judy Brackney
  • lngman
    lngman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love the pic with you and the Lay's bag. Log them or toss them!

Recording everything I eat has been awesome. I haven't been hungry once and am losing weight once I became more careful about what I eat. Now I don't eat anything until I've looked it up on my phone. I am the worlds worst dieter...but there is a lot of good stuff to eat, especially if I just walk a bit every day.

You can do this!