Fitbit Flex vs. Fuelband?

Hey guys! I wanted to know what people like better! I know the Fitbit Flex just came out in May, so it's a bit new. But I heard some awesome things about it and plan on getting it for my mother for her birthday [which is next Saturday, the big 35 years young!] She's really into my fitness pal and uses this site everyday. So when I saw that the Fitbit Flex works with this website, I knew I had to get it for her. But she requested a Nike Fuelband. Not only is it $50 more, but there's a lot of things that the Flex can do better and for a cheaper price. =/

What do you all think? Should I get her the latest fitness wristband? Or get her some overpriced Nike band?
All comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• QueenofGuac
    QueenofGuac Posts: 47 Member
    I have a Jawbone Up, which I love. But I think that the flex would be a better bet for your mom than the fuel band. You know what you want to get for her, she might have requested the fuel band, but you are the gift giver! Its your choice!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
  • iPoopeh
    iPoopeh Posts: 2
    Thanks you two! I bought her the fitbit flex! It's backordered everywhere besides best buy which I'm hoping is a very good thing, telling me that it's a fantastic product.

If anyone else would like to chime in please do! My mom still wants a Fuelband very bad. =/ Not sure how to keep her optimistic about anything else.
  • robert_moss
    robert_moss Posts: 4 Member
    Perhaps if she really want's a specific product, she would be more motivated to use / follow through with it, regardless of any technical analysis with regards to which one is better.

All I'm saying is if your goal is either to make her happy or to get her on board to tracking things, you may be taking the wrong path.

-Robert