People with excess skin, what do you wear for exercise?

I have extreme skin on my stomach. It hangs a good 3 inches and when I move very actively, it slaps (so embarrassing!) especially during jumping jacks, burbees, you get the idea. This is with normal workout clothes, usually undies, shorts.

I was 266 at my heaviest 15 years ago and since then I've lost, gotten pregnant, lost, gotten pregnant and my last pregnancy not only was a twin pregnancy but a c-section to boot. I'm also 43, so I've lost skin elasticity and I don't know in the long run, what will be realistic with this extra skin BUT i don't want to make the problem worse while exercising with it flapping about. *grrrrrrrrrr*

I'm on a tight budget right now but in the fall i could look into some more exercise clothes. If you have this problem, what do you wear to keep that extra stuff waving in the breeze while working out???

Replies

• runnergrlfl
    runnergrlfl Posts: 82 Member
    Have you tried wearing a compression under shirt? I know Under Armour has them, but I'm sure you could find them elsewhere possibly for less money than UA if you did some googling.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I don't even know what a compression is but I'll look it up. Thanks.
  • Yes, exactly what I was going to say...in the maternity section at most department stores, wal mart, etc... there are "belly bands" that help to hold in your tummy for extra support. I was looking into purchasing one after my hystorectomy ( which I think should have came with a free tummy tuck!). Then I saw in my draw an flesh toned tube top (from back in the day) and rolled it twice and it worked perfect! I love using it under my athletic wear to keep me tucked in! I am not sure if I will ever get my stomach muscles firm but a belly band sure will help!
  • jenehow
    jenehow Posts: 2
    I use Under Armour compression pants. I wore these under your normal workout wear until I felt more comfortable wearing them alone. The cold gear compression leggings were great last winter.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Okay, that all sounds exactly like what I need! Thank you! Now to research and price.