Small victories count, too. Share yours!

Options
Just wanted to make a post about achieving small goals, and how rewarding they are to keep motivated. Here's a few of mine that I have made since starting my weight loss journey.

1. BE ABLE TO FIT INTO OLD NAVY'S JEANS AGAIN.
I lived in Old Navy's jeans for YEARS because they were cheap and fit me perfect; but it has been several years since I had been able to fit into them, especially since they got rid of their plus size clothes in stores. But about a month and a half ago,
I was finally able to fit into their size 20 (their highest size). Even though they were tight, I was so happy! I tried them on a few nights ago since it was finally cool enough to wear jeans, and they were WAY too big!!!

2. NOT AVOID CAMERAS AT PARTIES/GET TOGETHERS ANYMORE.
I have been notorious the last few years for avoiding every camera in sight. I would be so jealous of all the pictures of my friends at parties, having a good time, in group pictures. FINALLY I feel comfortable and happy enough to be a part of those pictures!

3. GET COMPLIMENTS FROM RANDOM STRANGERS.
I started taking zumba classes a few months ago, and a random woman in class came up to me and my workout partner on Monday and told us she had noticed us losing so much weight and gave us a big thumbs up. It felt good to recieve a random compliment from a stranger because, as good as their intentions are, I sometimes feel like my family/friends compliments aren't as REAL as someone off the street.

4. HAVE MORE SEX.
Needless to say, I wasn't feeling very sexy for a long time - so losing this weight has boosted my confidence like you wouldn't believe! I think my husband is a very happy man now.

So, even though I have several small goals to go before hitting my BIG goal of 160lbs, I am so happy to have achieved
SO much the last few months. with 65lbs down, and 50 more to go... I am looking forward to all the small changes that
come along with the big ones.

So what are YOUR small goals that you have accomplished lately?

Replies

• lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mine are almost exactly the same:

1. I am not the largest size in the store: I used to be a US size 32 and a few weeks ago I purchased a size 18 jeans at Old Navy
    2. I actually find myself wanting to take pictures again.
    3. The guys at the check in counter at the gym have been telling me that they can really see a difference.
    4. My husband has also become a very happy man.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Went from a 3XL shirt and 42" jeans being tight on me, now down to a XL and a 36 X32 jeans I tried on at the mall the other day. I was shocked, I went to two stores to make sure the jeans werent a fluke
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I went down a jean size... size 5 jeans at one of those teeny bop stores and they actually fit quite well!

Also, finally being able to go down a belt hole on my boyfriend's belt. I steal his belt all the time and we used to share the same belt hole.. but not anymore! haha

Also, just being below 140 pounds is awesome and now only being one pound away from my goal.. which I may change again!
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I haven't been here very long. (Only a month.) But my small victory was putting on a favorite t-shirt that used to be too tight around my middle and now fits well. :)
  • Oenone
    Oenone Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My Work shirts until recentley strained around my middle so much that I had on occasion had the button pop off in that spot! now the same shirts practically flap around my hips :-D
    169349.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I also got a compliment from a random stranger at the gym! She asked what my secret was and I totally went on for 10 minutes about how great MFP has been lol! And you're right, it does feel so much better to get acknowledgement from a stranger than a friend/family member :o)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Finally fitting into those old high school jeans!!! ( they are slightly loose =])
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I can work out for 30 minutes or more and not feel like I'm going to die. It's actually feeling good to exercise..

I went shopping with some friends this past weekend..and I didn't buy anything..because large is way too big and medium is just a bit too small..I'm getting closer :-) But it was fantastic to put a large back because it was too big!

And my boyfriend is also a very happy man..better confidence is a beautiful thing :-)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I was driving and wearing a tee shirt. For a while I've been pretty impressed with my shrinking forearms but recently I got a glimpse of my bicep. My arms still aren't perfect, but I noticed some real definition in the muscle. I couldn't help but flex a bit and giggled to myself each time. Good feelings :)
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I'm down one jean size, and they are too big but the next size is too small. So I bought a pack of the "button" things that they advertise on TV (Walmart has them) but I use them to make my pants SMALLER not BIGGER!!!! They work and help when you are down 1/2 a size and your pants keep sagging down... I had to do something because I found myself pushing my stomach out to hold up my pants!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Some small victories for me:

~Starting back up again, and not giving up
    ~Making great food choices lately
    ~Choosing a sub for lunch today instead of Yummy but way fatty Chinese from Panda Express
    ~Getting my exercise goal in for the week and it's only Wednesday
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Today I reached my halfway point to my goal!

Also, in the last few weeks I have:

* moved officially (with no muffin top) into the next size down
    * shopped in the JUNIOR'S section
    * felt absolutely amazing after working out ~ not like I was going to die
    * seen my children choose a fruit smoothie over something with sugar
    * caught my husband watching me from across a room...

Yes, small victories are huge! :happy:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you for all these wonderful victories!!
    I was outgrowing my fat clothes not to long ago and I am happy to say they are no longer tight around my stomach! Can't wait until they are entirely too big! Also my jeans that were also getting tight are just about to loose to wear now! YAY!
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Today I reached my halfway point to my goal!

Also, in the last few weeks I have:

* moved officially (with no muffin top) into the next size down
    * shopped in the JUNIOR'S section
    * felt absolutely amazing after working out ~ not like I was going to die
    * seen my children choose a fruit smoothie over something with sugar
    * caught my husband watching me from across a room...

Yes, small victories are huge! :happy:

Congratulations on half way!!! And the hubby watching you SO AWESOME!!:bigsmile:
  • jamie_savage
    Options
    Your absolutely right about small victories counting too! One of mine is my confidence. I actually took sexy pictures for my husband. He was completely shocked and very into it. My other small victories no longer having pain in my hips, my tiffany necklace doesn't choke me anymore.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say I did my chest press with 25lb dumbbells yesterday in my training session! I felt really strong after that. No wonder I'm sore today though. :blushing:
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I flex, I can see a muscle in my arm. I kept flexing and poking at it this weekend, and when my SO and our tenant asked what I was doing, I all but shouted "I have a muscle!" *giggles*
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I fit into a pair of jeans that didn't fit a few months ago.

I've lost 20 pounds! :)

I'm setting a great example for my little boy about the importance of healthy eating and exercise.

I'm finally having a few people ask if I've lost weight!

I'm about to do my first 5K... walking... but it's a start!
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If I flex, I can see a muscle in my arm. I kept flexing and poking at it this weekend, and when my SO and our tenant asked what I was doing, I all but shouted "I have a muscle!" *giggles*

Isn't that THE BEST?!?! I found my triceps a few weeks ago ~ even when I was skinny I never had muscle definition. WAY TO GO!!! I must've shown 10 people my triceps...no lie. :wink: Also, tonight I was shaving my legs & found a new definition in my calves. I called my husband in because I just had to show him... GREAT moments!

Keep up the great work! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!