Wake up hungry!

Options
No matter what or when I eat in the evenings, I ALWAYS wake up hungry! Ive tried to drink a full glass of water before bed and as soon as I wake up, but I still feel hungry! Any suggestions?

Replies

• peanutbutterrunna
    Options
    I think it's perfectly natural for our bodies to want to start the day with energy (i.e breakfast)

There's nothing to be ashamed of, just wake up and eat! I'm always hungry in the morning too :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you wake up hungry? It's probably been 8 hours since you ate last at least. That's why they invented breakfast!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    my suggestion... eat breakfast.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eat a big breakfast that morning... btw, how long are you sleeping? I can tell you I am starving in the mornings but I contribute mine to working out late at night.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am always hungry in the morning too- but i don't mind- makes me get my day going right away ;)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    No matter how much you eat before, going 6-8 hours without eating makes you hungry? That's quite odd. I can't imagine why this would be.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Eating breakfast shortly after rising seems like it would solve the problem.
  • seymosm
    seymosm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! The first thing I do every morning is eat. It is my hungriest time of the day. My doctor says "Well, then eat something."
  • pippywillow
    pippywillow Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I think that's a sign you're doing something right.

When I was at my heaviest I would oftentimes wake up still full from the night before. It's not a good feeling.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    feedme_zps9429b517.jpg

If you're hungry, then eat !

If I don't eat when I wake up, I get a headache :sad:
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I always feel hungry in the morning. Eating breakfast helps!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought this was going to be a thread about someone finally being hungry in the morning and learning to love breakfast. Or something like that, at least. I always thought that being hungry in the morning was the normal state of affairs after not having eaten for so long. Usually the length a person slept plus a couple of hours (or more) since they last ate would be more than enough to make anyone hungry.

So, to the OP, this shouldn't be seen as a problem. This is normal and you should just look forward to breaking that fast with a super tasty breakfast. :)
  • speach0002
    speach0002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I thought that too about ending the fasting state. Except with my crazy work hours sometimes I dont eat til after 8-830pm or later and I have to get up for work at 4am and I just cant make myself eat that early! I used to never eat breakfast, I'd grab a cup of coffee and run but now I try to eat a granola bar or something. Then again, with my work schedule, i usually dont get to actually eat breakfast (like oatmeal etc) until around 10am. Any suggestions on quick, healthy breakfast food that I could possibly make the night before and heat up at work or before leaving my house and eat on the way?
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I bet there are healthy home made granola bars you can look up, otherwise I would suggest fruit you can just grab and go, like an apple or banana. Eating an apple will usually tide me over for at least an hour or so. But, if you wake at 4, I don't know if there is anything less than eating breakfast that will satisfy your appetite for 4+ hours.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    EAT FOOD

Google is a good way to find some options

You're welcome OP
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    No matter what or when I eat in the evenings, I ALWAYS wake up hungry! Ive tried to drink a full glass of water before bed and as soon as I wake up, but I still feel hungry! Any suggestions?

Just eat breakfast
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I thought that too about ending the fasting state. Except with my crazy work hours sometimes I dont eat til after 8-830pm or later and I have to get up for work at 4am and I just cant make myself eat that early! I used to never eat breakfast, I'd grab a cup of coffee and run but now I try to eat a granola bar or something. Then again, with my work schedule, i usually dont get to actually eat breakfast (like oatmeal etc) until around 10am. Any suggestions on quick, healthy breakfast food that I could possibly make the night before and heat up at work or before leaving my house and eat on the way?

Apples are good for on the go, they can be good for an energy boost too. Maybe keep a bag of almonds in your pocket to help hold you over till you have time to eat a meal. What about breakfast drinks? They make the powdered stuff that you add to milk.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to need breakfast. I woke up and went about my day, not hungry until about 11 AM. Then I started counting calories and exercising, and I wake up every morning with my stomach gnawing on my backbone. The first few times I thought something was wrong, as I was so unused to the feeling first thing in the morning. A cup of water, then I get ready for work. At work I snack all morning on fruits, cereal, boiled egg, cheese, whatever. I am not necessarily full, but I'm not hungry either. Lunch is still my filling meal of the day.
  • giveMEbeauty
    Options
    Bunp
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I make oatmeal the night before and heat it up at work.