FIT and 40 not FAT and 40

Options
:happy:

That is my goal and I'm sticking to it! Today is the 2 month marker of me using myfitesspal to track fitness and calories, but I am doing so much more. I have 1 year and 5 months to go...curretly just hit my 200lb mark...and counting :smile:

Question...how do you post before and after pics?? I have my beginning photo and just took my 2 month marker photo...long ways to go but seeing the difference really helps. Help anyone! ? :ohwell:

Also, I am drinking Kangen Water, taking CoreHealth products and soon to be the Shakeology shake (which I heard from a highly respected source is excellent). Would love to add some friends to keep me accountable on my goals and with whom are dedicated to changing their lives.

Someone said that we will never change until the pain of staying the same is worse than the pain of change. I choose the pain of making changes...I WILL get FIT and 40!

God bless, and best of luck to you all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ecmorales
    ecmorales Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fit and 50 is my Mantra, I just turned 52 last week. Congrats on your milestone.
    My pain became too great to bear 18 months ago at 350lbs, and I'm down to 225. I started with small changes and my life is now outrageously different -- first I simply eliminated 3 food items (and lost 18 pounds in 3 months; now I manage to 1100-1200 calories a day and workout 5-6 days a week and love it. A year ago, I didn't think it would be possible, but I've dropped over 100 pounds and weigh less than I have in 25 years and because I workout I wear a smaller size than I did in High School. I've still got a ways to go, and am looking for more friends to be connected to who are committed to change; I have found that checking in with MFP friends everyday helps my motivation and in turn motivates others. I will send you a friend request, and extend the invitation to anyone reading this who is interested for the same reasons.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking this step! I reached my goal just before I turned 40 and this last year, I put back on over 30 pounds. I'm here to get myself back before I end up gaining all 85 pounds back. I'm too shy for pictures, so I can't help you with that part..... But I can help with support!
  • livingwaters4life
    Options
    :happy: YAY! We can do it!
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm going to be 40 at the end of November and my goal from the start was I wanted to be in the best shape by the time I hit 40. I'm about 8 pounds away from my goal but I feel myself slipping so I'm going to get back at it because I never want to go back. I feel better at 39 then I did at 29 :-)

Good luck to everyone!!
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to do the split shot. I am assuming there's collage apps and then you upload the pic?

I am turning 40 in December and had reached my goal weight early last year and let it slip. I gained the 60 lbs I lost (due to lack of motivation and stress eating)....I know, no excuses. So here I am again. I have lost 28 of it but I need to lose 30 more. We're here to support each other.

The last time I started to get more motivated to do more was the couch to 5k app. I never thought I could run a 5k let alone a half-marathon. I signed up for a couple Disney ones in Jan and Feb. I have a great friend that is a bigger Disney nut than I am.

Much success to:bigsmile: everyone!!!