3 NSV's in 1 week!! Is the world ending??

Options
Hey all!! So I know that these NSV's are not that big of a deal compared to most of the stories I read on here... and probably nobody cares, but I'm so excited that I had to post something!!!

I've been feeling a little down this past week. I've been at the same weight for over a month now, and even though I've started lifting and trying not to focus on the number on the scale so much, it's still hard, you know? Anyways, these NSV's have really brought up my mood! And in one week!

1. I was dress shopping with my boyfriend for a wedding, when one of the sales ladies came up to help me. Generally I avoid them like the plague, mostly because they always ask, "And what size do you wear?" I always turn bright red and sort of mumble my size, all the while hoping and praying that she's not going to burst out laughing and say, "YEAH RIGHT! More like a 20!" So anyways, she asked THE question (and in front of my boyfriend, too!!) and I mumbled, "probably an 8. Or maybe a 6." She started to bring me some dresses (no outburst, phew!), but stopped and said, "I'm thinking more like a 2. Let's try some of those." WHAT!?! Me?? A size 2?? (A year ago, I would have been lucky to fit into a size 16.) I tried on the dresses, so convinced that I was going to rip them or look like a whale... but guess what? They fit!! And looked pretty damn amazing on me! I tried on 2's in a million other stores too, and every single one fit! I couldn't, and still can't, believe that's my size.

2. At said wedding, I got TONS of compliments from friends I haven't seen in a while, telling me that I looked "sooooo skinny!" These were the first compliments I've received. At all. My boyfriend (of a year) was shocked to hear everyone say that, because apparently he hadn't noticed that I've lost weight. Still not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.... guess it's good he didn't think I looked like a cow before, but bad cause he didn't notice! None of my work friends have noticed either... maybe it's something about seeing someone every day?

3. I was jogging on the treadmill today, and the lady next to me kept glaring at me. When I started walking for my cooldown, she was like, "God, I thought you were going to run forever! Wish I could run as easily as you!" I started to get annoyed because, hello, I worked my BUTT off to be able to run 40 minutes without stopping (thank you C25k), but then I realized... I'M ONE OF THOSE OBNOXIOUS PEOPLE IN THE GYM WHO JUST HOP ON A TREADMILL AND RUN! I always glared at those people too... and now I am one! CRAZY!

Anyways, thanks for reading (or skimming)... hope you all have fantastic days! Goes to show that the number on the scale really doesn't mean everything!

Replies

• TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    That last one happened to me and it felt amazing. :)
  • kayemmgee5
    kayemmgee5 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you, I'm so happy for you! :)

I think you are right about #2! I noticed that only people who I see rarely notice that I've lost any weight!

Keep up the awesome work!!
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I actually DID read the whole thing and want to say CONGRATS!!! Those are some pretty amazing NSV's! I just hope your boyfriend notices soon! :flowerforyou:
  • LogiesMom09
    LogiesMom09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and those really are great NSVs!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    People who see you every day sometimes have a hard time noticing the change in weight since it is pretty gradual. Just goes to show he has always thought you were beautiful. :)
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good Job! I love those NSV'S!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This made my day! Congrats on your NSV's and great job! Revel in it!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I love this!! Sending you a FR...I need you in my circle of awesomeness!!
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your NSV's. Great job
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!!!!!!!
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I actually DID read the whole thing and want to say CONGRATS!!! Those are some pretty amazing NSV's! I just hope your boyfriend notices soon! :flowerforyou:

THIS!! WTG
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Like many others said, it is harder for people who see you every day to notice weight loss (don't be too upset at your SO, maybe he will start to notice more now) I am very happy for your NSV's I hope to have all of those things happen for me some day and am super proud for you!!!
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love ALL of these :) The last one happened to me, too (and because of C25k!) and its such a great feeling!
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    Ah, thank you, Google! "Non-scale victory", not: "The NSV (Russian НСВ Никитина-Соколова-Волкова) is a 12.7 mm caliber heavy machine gun of Soviet origin". ;-)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your compliments. They put a smile on my face, because I can only imagine how happy you felt. People closest to you sometimes don't notice when you lose or even gain weight as quick as others. However, your boyfriend not noticing is not necessarily a bad thing, just means he loved you in whatever shape, size or form you are in and all he sees is you.

Congrats again!!!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Beachtime.gif

Great job !!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Sounds like you AND the boyfriend have to adjust to your new size :) You've clearly earned everyone of those compliments!!!
  • doherty1977
    doherty1977 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That was sheer inspiration for me!!!! Loved reading your story!!! I plan to be able to write something similar someday!!!!!!!:smile:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I read everything and it is wonderful! congratulations!! To fit in a size 2 is awesome! Your post and results are very inspiring!
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Wow a size 2? I started at a 16 and have never in my life worn a 2. That's fabulous. I ran in to my brother-in-law and his wife the other day. I haven't seen them in months. I've lost 49 pounds. Think they would say anything - nope of course not! you can't tell me they didn't notice! LOL That's ok, hubby and I just laughed about it. My husband tells me that he feels like he's cheating on his wife now! LOL Chances are your BF just loves you regardless of how you look. And congrats on that too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!