What is your biggest meal during the day?

Options
Hi, guys! What is your biggest meal during the day? ANd how do you spread your cals through the day?
My biggest meal is breakfast (about 500 cals), lunch about 400 and dinner 200-300. And 2 snacks 150 clas each.
Sometimes if I workout after breakfast, I eat a big meal an hour after work out and shrink my lunch.
What is your lay out?

Replies

• MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well my breakfast is probably my smallest meal of the day. I have a shake which is about 130 calories. and then I have a snack which i keep between 100-200 calories. My lunch I keep at about 200-250 calories and my dinner is my larger meal. It is anywhere from 500-800 Calories depending on how much my snack and my lunch were. But I usually have a shake for lunch which keeps me at about 150 calories for my lunch. Sometimes I eat an actual lunch. I workout in the afternoon because thats when my kids go to bed. Hope this helps. :)
  • JoyJulRay
    JoyJulRay Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Breakfast can be up to 500 cals
    Lunch maybe 300-400
    I work night so I try to eat lite (some times that doesnt work)
    a salad and some veggies
    been eating lots of carrots with greek yogurt I add some ranch
    powder mix to it make a great dip
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    Most days my biggest meal is breakfast. Especially if I go to work early. I warm up a bowl of Kashi berry cereal with milk and 2 cheese eggs. That meal always holds me over until lunch.
  • lissakay
    Options
    I try to make all of my meals about 400 calories about 4 hours apart.... If I am eating a couple of meals a little closer together, then I make the first one a little smaller.
  • missboriken
    missboriken Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Breakfast
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    lunch
  • NaturallyMara
    NaturallyMara Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Dinner is always my biggest meal. I take in around average of 600 calories during the day and do 500-800 at dinner.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    my lunch is the biggest meal of my day b/c when i get up in the mornin i haven't learned 2 tolerate a big breakfast & at nite i don't like a lot of food in my stomache b4 i go 2 bed.

my lunch is usually around 600/cal daily.
  • treasurep
    treasurep Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My biggest is lunch, the reason is that I workout after work (3 hours after lunch) and dinner isn't till 4 or 5 hours after my workout and by then it's 8 or even later at night. So go with what works for you there is no wrong answer from what I understand.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Probably Dinner
  • sazziecee
    Options
    Usually dinner, as I like to cook something nice to eat with my husband. Generally anywhere from 450 right up to 700.

My breakfast and lunch are usually about the 300 mark each, but if I am planning something like mackerel on toast for lunch, I will have a smaller breakfast (25g of porridge rather than 2 slices of seeded toast)

I don't get lunch til 2pm and sometimes have to make dinner for 5-5.30pm as my husband works 3 evenings in his second job, so on those days lunch will be light, like soup
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I try to spread them out as evenly as I can but sometimes I'm just hungrier than others due to exercise. The way this My Fitness Pal seems to work is it adds all my workout calories to my daily total allowable. So, say I have a goal of 1500 calories but burned 785 calories during exercise today. It then says I can eat 2,285 calories!! I don't listen to it. I did burn that many today and I'll still shoot for 1200 to 1500 as always. I'm sometimes go over a bit. And sometimes I have a reward day. But it never includes things like ice cream.

Honestly, I try to make lunch my biggest meal of the day but it doesn't always workout that way. And it's not always easy to divide 1500 calories into 5 tiny meals of 300 calories each. Other times it's easy and I have trouble getting the numbers in that day and feel completely stuff when I play catchup later in the day. I also try to end dinner early too and get maximum burn for those later hours in the evening until bedtime.
  • swerdygnome
    swerdygnome Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well my breakfast is probably my smallest meal of the day. I have a shake which is about 130 calories. and then I have a snack which i keep between 100-200 calories. My lunch I keep at about 200-250 calories and my dinner is my larger meal. It is anywhere from 500-800 Calories depending on how much my snack and my lunch were. But I usually have a shake for lunch which keeps me at about 150 calories for my lunch. Sometimes I eat an actual lunch. I workout in the afternoon because thats when my kids go to bed. Hope this helps. :)

What kind of shakes are you drinking? I'm looking for some quick ideas.
  • smilingslatka
    Options
    usually breakfast around 200, lunch 350, dinner 450, snacks 200.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Usually Breakfast is my smallest meal of the day because I sleep in so late all I have time to grab on my way out is a yogart and a piece of fruit. Lunch and Dinner are usually about the same. Around 500 cal each usually