Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How often do you weigh yourselves?

Question in the title :happy:
I only joined MFP 2 days ago, and have only weighed myself once as I know there's no point in doing it everyday. It's soooo tempting though to keep jumping on the scales, y'know, just to have a sneaky peek :embarassed:

Replies

• lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    A general rule of thumb is to weight yourself in the same clothes at the same time on the same day once a week. I weigh myself nude, in the morning on every wednesday....
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    generally i weigh myself once a week on a friday. I weigh myself in my pj's when i get up.
  • Once a week, Thursdays at 5.45pm at my Rosemary Conley class, in a long-tee, leggings and my trainers.

I do have scales at home and obviously way less naked and first thing in the morning, but I want my logged weight to be under the same circumstances every week so its accurate.

After my holiday I had gained 5lb and was weighing myself daily, but I have hidden the scales now as I was getting obsessed
  • In the beginning I weight myself in my full snow ski outfit complete with boots and ski poles. Then every time I have a bad week I toss something. At the end of 6 months I am naked and have only gained 5 lbs.

Actually my Dr. said it dosen't matter weigh when you want and check it against your weekly goal.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Once a week, Thursdays at 5.45pm at my Rosemary Conley class, in a long-tee, leggings and my trainers.

I do have scales at home and obviously way less naked and first thing in the morning, but I want my logged weight to be under the same circumstances every week so its accurate.

After my holiday I had gained 5lb and was weighing myself daily, but I have hidden the scales now as I was getting obsessed

I relate! I put wieght on on holiday last week nad weighed myself on monday morning cos i neded to know i had made some progress. : )
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Every morning so I know where I'm starting for the day.
  • first thing every morning....and I track it on a spreadsheet.....it goes up and down but the overall graph is down.....I need to know daily where I am....it works for me.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I weigh every day, wearing the same thing. I usually update it on here 2-3 times a week, depending on my progress.
  • Once I week unless I notice that I have a really sudden gain or loss and then I'll weigh to check it and make sure I'm on track.
  • It depends on the day. But I like to weigh myself to keep myself in check. It seems like the more I pay attention to weight the better I do. Usually once in the morning between 7-8am and sometimes at night before I go to bed.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    I'm a cheater and weigh myself everyday in the morning when I first wake up. I like seeing how i"m doing during the week, but I don't log it unless it's my WI day which is Monday morning
  • Okie dokie! Nice knowing what everyone else does ) I'm going to weigh myself every Mon morn in leggings and Tshirt then. Thanks all xx
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I weigh once a month. It started out as a weighing detox challenge (LOL) because the scale was stressing me out. Turned out I loved th freedom from having to stress about the numbers so much I just continued with it. Sometimes it's hard to wait so long - I do get curious. But it's great to just enjoy the process of feeling myself become more healthy without having a fickle number derail my confidence. It really liberated me from a huge hangup.

That being said, I wouldn't weigh more than once a week. Pick a day and time and as others have said, maintain the same conditions/clothes/etc.

Everyone's different - Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    I weigh every morning. It's part of my morning routine and it gets me thinking about fitness first thing in the morning. I get out of bed, visit the bathroom then weigh, with no clothes on. Then I get dressed in my exercise clothes so that as soon as I get my girls set up with breakfast I start exercising.
    I log my weight here everyday and I also log it in a spreadsheet. I know my weight varies day-to-day, so the little ups and downs don't bother me, I look at my average weight loss over the week and at my weight loss trend over time. It's fun to see!!! I can also see what I eat and how it impacts my weight daily. I can see how a lot of sodium impacts my weight, etc. I love it and it keeps me motivated everyday!
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Well I weigh in every time I feel like (always in the morning before breakfast, naked or with my underwear on). I used to weigh myself every day, but I got tired :D
  • bacardigirl
    bacardigirl Posts: 17 Member
    I weigh myself every morning when I get up, but the few lb. fluctuations are kind of discouraging, so I might try to skip every other day...
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    first thing every morning....and I track it on a spreadsheet.....it goes up and down but the overall graph is down.....I need to know daily where I am....it works for me.
    dittoooooooooooo word for word. I do not do it to drive myself nuts but to see what my calorie consumption and activity does to my weightloss, etc. I keep track of the date, weight, calories in, exercise calories, and maintenance calories, and what the loss should be each day based on the numbers alone.
  • I'd become obsessed with the scales, so, I've not been weighed for a week now & that for me is an accomplishment.
    Its not afterall all about the numbers - I measure, also and at the minute weigh more than I did 3 weeks ago but measure smaller, so try to look at the bigger picture if you do decide to weigh daily :) x
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    I weigh every morning and sometimes @ night. Yes i'm obsessed and get pissy when it goes up.. but when it goes down I get really motivated to keep it that way..

But I only count Saturday morning weight ins here on MFP
  • Hi! I only joined recently and this is my first post. The subject caught my attention so I thought I'd give another point of view. Personally I weigh myself pretty much daily during the week, first thing in the morning just before I jump in the shower. The reason I don't weigh in on weekends is because the time that I get up fluctuates so much that it's not consistent with the weekdays, and I do believe that weighing under consistent circumstances is best.

I don't really see the big deal in weighing every day. I guess it depends on how seriously you take that number. I expect some daily variation and I try not to get too excited with some minor variation. What I've learned though over (too) many years of trying to lose weight is that the trend is important. For me personally, I've also learned that I need to have a daily weigh-in in order to keep me "honest" so to speak.

When I know that I'll be looking at those numbers the next morning, I find that I seem to make that little extra effort to keep on track. I relax a bit on the weekends and I'm content to just hold my own and not undo the good stuff I've done during the week. Without that little push of the daily weekday weigh-ins, I have found that I sometimes backslide between weighings.

It works for me anyway. YMMV.