What would you do?

Options
i know this sounds bad but...I am on week 7 of p90x and well i hate it...im already bored with it...i hate lifting weights..i know its an awesome program...but im missing my turbofire and taebo....i know p90x has a lot of benefit as far as strength training goes..but im a cardio junkie...my question is this: should i just start up taebo or turbo fire and stop where i am at p90x or keep going till i finish?....what would you do?

Replies

• FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you really hate it, then do something else. No point in doing something that you don't enjoy.

Personally if I am doing something I really don't enjoy I definitely don't put as much effort into it. Find what works for you. I'm going to start T25 in a few weeks once I heal from a shoulder injury. I've heard it's great.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Man, I really don't know. I think it's important to do something you actually like so that you will stick with it. If you hate it that much, maybe go back to your other programs...or try something completely different (heavy lifting, anybody? :wink: )
  • FindingMyself24
    Options
    If you really hate it, then do something else. No point in doing something that you don't enjoy.

Personally if I am doing something I really don't enjoy I definitely don't put as much effort into it. Find what works for you. I'm going to start T25 in a few weeks once I heal from a shoulder injury. I've heard it's great.

Thats what i was thinking...ive been really thinking about t25...it looks fun!! what do you think about it?...i like that its cardio...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Why don't you do a lifting program like Starting Strength, StrongLifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting and do your TF or Tae Bo on alternate days? I know you said you hate lifting weights, but you'll probably hate osteoporosis even more when you get older, among other things.

ETA "other things" http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/trainingstation1.htm
  • mjlong
    mjlong Posts: 73 Member
    Options

^^^^^This gotta do what you like or you wont give it 100%
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You gotta do what you like doing! If you don't like the program then don't stick to it. There are obviously some great benefits associated with strength training, so mix some in with your TurboFire or taebo. I like some (but not all) of the P90X routines, so I just mix them into my overall exercise program. for example, this week I did P90X Arms & Shoulders today, I'll run tomorrow and Thursday, and mix some other cross-training activity into W and F. Do what you like to do!
  • FindingMyself24
    Options
    You gotta do what you like doing! If you don't like the program then don't stick to it. There are obviously some great benefits associated with strength training, so mix some in with your TurboFire or taebo. I like some (but not all) of the P90X routines, so I just mix them into my overall exercise program. for example, this week I did P90X Arms & Shoulders today, I'll run tomorrow and Thursday, and mix some other cross-training activity into W and F. Do what you like to do!

Cool!! Thats actually a great idea!! I know lifting if beneficial but i just dont wanna do it all the time....i was thinking of doing 4 days cardio and maybe 2 days of lifting?? What yall think? =)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options

Cool!! Thats actually a great idea!! I know lifting if beneficial but i just dont wanna do it all the time....i was thinking of doing 3 days cardio and maybe 3 days of lifting?? What yall think? =)

Fixed it for ya.
  • FindingMyself24
    Options

Cool!! Thats actually a great idea!! I know lifting if beneficial but i just dont wanna do it all the time....i was thinking of doing 3 days cardio and maybe 3 days of lifting?? What yall think? =)

Fixed it for ya.

LOL Thank yall!!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    4 days of cardio and 2 days of lifting is great. Do you have access to freeweights? A good place for a beginner to start is learning the compound moves like Squats, deadlifts, OHP, bent over rows and bench press. Start with the bar to get your form down, then add 5 pounds (10 for lower body if you think you can) each week. Do those 5 exercises your two lifting days in 3 sets of 8 reps, maybe and go from there. You could also take a look at Starting Strength or StrongLifts or New Rules and see if you could modify it to fit your 2 day program.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You only have 5 weeks left, you're more than half way there. Finish strong, then move on
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    Options
    I finished New Rules of Lifting for Women, and I started the All Pro routine a couple of weeks ago. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843 It's full body, and uncomplicated, and so far I really like it. Pretty much anything that requires a barbell you can do with dumbbells.
  • SidsMom80
    SidsMom80 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Thats what i was thinking...ive been really thinking about t25...it looks fun!! what do you think about it?...i like that its cardio...

I haven't been released yet to actually start it, but my mom and dad have been doing it for a couple weeks. My mom likes it cause it's cardio and you're done after 25 minutes. My dad doesn't like it, but that's because he prefers the P90X ones.
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Let me get this straight..

You intercepted the ball in your own end zone and managed to run it all the way back to around the 25 and now you want to just run out of bounds right before the goal line?

You're in the home stretch!

It's time to put it in high gear and take it to the house!

Don't you want to do a touchdown dance?
  • FindingMyself24
    Options
    Let me get this straight..

You intercepted the ball in your own end zone and managed to run it all the way back to around the 25 and now you want to just run out of bounds right before the goal line?

You're in the home stretch!

It's time to put it in high gear and take it to the house!

Don't you want to do a touchdown dance?

Yes!...but i just dont feel as into the workouts lately....i dont mind lifting twice a week...i just love cardio....i was more successful when i was doing more cardio....i stuck to it everyday...ive skipped a few of the p90x ones lol....so im just gunna make a schedule including both Turbo Fire and p90x...then i get the best of both worlds =)

thanks everyone!