Power plates.

Options
sugs14
sugs14 Posts: 17 Member
Hi everyone,

Has anyone used a vibration power plate, do they actually help to shift the belly fat (and anywhere else).

I'm desperate to lose at least 1 stone in the next 8 weeks need to lose about 5 in total but one step at a time, I go swimming, I've got a stationary bike and don't mind doing squats although I've got moderate arthritus in my hips so sometimes have to take it easy. (I'm 60 years old in body but 30 in my head) so there are physical limits.

MFP has put me at 1300 cals but the weight dosent seem to be shifting, I don't want to go back down the rocky road of comfort eating just because its getting me down, Love eating salads in this glorious weather we are having but has anyone got any suggestions for speeding things up. I need help. :) Sugs

Replies

• sugs14
    Options
    I was hoping for some help but nothing..............
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    how long have you been eating at a deficit.

and no you cannot "shift" belly fat.

You can eat a deficit. and lose weight.. if you are doing restitance training- you'll minimize muscle loss and maximize fat loss.
  • doc0c
    doc0c Posts: 3
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough calories, and the right kinds of food.
    Light exercise is usually best to take the weight off, but you have to do a lot of it.
    In terms of the original question, I would imagine that any "easy" solution would probably not work very well. From what I understand, the power plate is a bit a of a gimmick. The way it "works" is that the vibrations activate your stabilizer muscles, which burns calories. To me that sounds a bit too easy. I also don't think vibration is that great for the body, despite the claims. There are good reasons why factory floors have to be well insulated against vibration if workers are required to stand around for an extended period of time.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    only two kinds of vibration that i think are good for my body...

the massage kind... and then the "massage" kind wink wink nudge nudge.

so yeah- I agree with you doc
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time or your money.
  • sugs14
    Options
    how long have you been eating at a deficit.

and no you cannot "shift" belly fat.

You can eat a deficit. and lose weight.. if you are doing restitance training- you'll minimize muscle loss and maximize fat loss.
  • sugs14
    Options
    this is the calories that MFP set for me to lose 1.1/2 per week, some days I eat back exercise calories. think I won't bother with a power plate and save my money lol.