Who are YOU on the internet?

Options
i have this silly theory that everyone is either at their best or at their worst on the internet and that everyone takes on an inner personality of theirs and just magnifies it. so i thought it would be fun to see what other people think they project while interacting on the internet. ha! for example, here's mine:

on the internet i channel my inner 55 year old Diner waitress named Flo who calls everyone either Hun, Dear, or Sweetie and who worries about customers who she's never met before just because its the right thing to do, ADORES her regulars like they were her own family, and recommends the Blue Plate Special...its stew today.

XD ha!

now its your turn MFP! have fun!

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much the same person on the internet as I am up close and personal. I may actually be a little tamer here, because I have the time to think as I type, rather than react as I do in real life. I have a perverse sense of humor that gets me in trouble here and there. I am opinionated, usually right, loyal. I'm into music, riding with my buddies, smoking cigars and sharing my wisdom with others.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I am the same blunt, straight speaking person on the internet that I am in real life.

The way I feel is you can take me as I am or leave me. It doesn't matter to me either way.

I used to be a shy, care of what everyone else thought, don't hurt anyone's feeling person and I would say that the Military helped to strip that side away from me............
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot more open on the internet than I am in real life...I would never talk to anyone about my fatness or anything, I embarrass easily. Otherwise, I'm pretty much the same.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I'm a lot more open on the internet than I am in real life...I would never talk to anyone about my fatness or anything, I embarrass easily. Otherwise, I'm pretty much the same.

I am the only woman in my group here at work and I talk about ovaries and TOM, bloating, etc................it is quite funny when they send the jokes flying my way............

I will pretty much talk about anything with anyone and anywhere..................

yes, I am the loud mouth starting the conversation in line with everyone in the store......... :bigsmile:
  • Luckymam
    Options
    What an interesting question. I suppose I'm the friendly, outgoing person I wish I were in real life. The eternal optimist. The happy-go-lucky, open person that I would like to be 24-7.

In real life i think I put on a front. People would describe me as super-confident but I'm not really!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same on the net as in real life :happy:

My outspokenness gets me into trouble sometimes on facebook :wink:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • JamesPartridge
    Options
    Exactly the same. Everyone I have met in person that I have been friends with on the internet said I am just like my post. I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve. If anything I am probably a bit more introverted than people might think, but other than that the same old me whether people like it or don't.:noway: :noway:
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of a b*tch. Lol! What I mean is, I am flat out blunt and forward. In real life I guess I always FEEL that same way about things but I definitely TRY and keep my opinions/rudeness/impatient-ness to myself. It has gotten me in trouble in the best. So basically my inner diva is let loose when corresponding on the net. :)
  • nurse_jenie
    Options
    I am who I am. I have no alter ego per say.