Diet Soda Cake

Options
AnaNotBanana
AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
When I was a WW member the leader gave us a recipe for a low calorie cake. One box of cake mix and one can of diet soda. Bake as usual. I've had a serious cake craving lately and my little 100 pack cupcakes are not cutting it. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts on it?

Replies

• lisajohnny
    Options
    Actually, it is the only way I bake a cake since I learned about this recipe. Add Diet Coke to any chocolate or darker cake mix and add Diet Sprite to vanilla or lighter cake mix. Add a little lite cool whip and fruit as frosting and yummy! It is very moist. I like to make cupcakes using this recipe and then freeze them for snacks later in the week. Enjoy!
  • laurapro
    laurapro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've tried it! Got it from WW, too :) The soda makes the cake pretty light. The flavor is great. I've done reg dt. soda with chocolate cake and dt. lemon-lime soda with lemon cake mix. I'd give it a try, it didn't really curve my cravings because I love frosting. I've also found that having sugar at all makes me crave more sugar...so this cake (as do 100 pack cupcakes) doesn't satisfy me, just adds to my calories because I keep looking for something else. I do better snacking on fruit and yogurt. Good luck!
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    When I did WW, they gave us a recipe for a pumpkin cake that is also amazing! It is a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin (not the big can, just the regular size.) Mix the two together and bake as usual. When you're mixing it really seems like it's not going to work, but it does and it's really moist... and yummy!
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    When I did WW, they gave us a recipe for a pumpkin cake that is also amazing! It is a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin (not the big can, just the regular size.) Mix the two together and bake as usual. When you're mixing it really seems like it's not going to work, but it does and it's really moist... and yummy!

that sounds DELICIOUS! I will have to try...that is, of course, if i can find pumpkin in the store...:cry:
  • MBrannon
    Options
    So how do you count it on the food scale here? I'd like to try the pumpkin one? Please advise.
    Thanks!!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I make a raspberry cake that is a WW recipe (~167 cal per 1/12 slice).

Mix together 1 box of yellow cake mix, 1 egg white, 1 can of raspberry soda, and a bag of frozen raspberries (you can use fresh instead).

Pour into baking pan and cook as directed on the box. Top with whip cream.

I have made this cake with raspberries, strawberries, oranges and grapes. I have also done this as a chocolate raspberry cake. All are yum!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YES - It really makes a great cake. You can also use a can of pumpkin. If you like Brownies, you can add a can of black beans that you put thru the blender. They are all delicious and yummmmmy.....

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • maynard46
    Options
    Diet cream soda and yellow cake mix. Put a dab of fat free cool whip. Tastes like a twinkie! I forgot about that cake. I used to make it all the time an freeze single portions. Guess I will be making some tomorrow.:wink:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    These are some great ideas, I love baking and all especially with the holidays coming up. Will have to keep these in mind. Thanks.