311 lbs to 211 with PCOS ( Pic heavy )

Options

Replies

• VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have PCOS as well and I'm wondering if that's why I'm having such a hard time getting the weight off. It's so frustrating. I think I will talk to my doctor and see if he could recommend me to a RD to see if they can help me out. I didn't know there was a difference between them and nutritionists either. You really are an inspiration! You're doing great!

It Can be frusterating! I know that, but keep at it, and deff have a look at what you are eating because it does play a role with your PCOS, refined sugars especially. I wish you the best of luck! feel free to add me if you would like support!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    Excellent job! Youre looking great, and have been overcoming so much :)

thankyou! I plan to never let this take a hold of my health again!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    I wish my waistline went in instead of out. Nice work!
    Up until this point I had no idea that I even had curves what so ever!!!! <3 thankyou !!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    Your story is inspiring. You are awesome! Keep it up - you deserve it!

thankyou all for your support, you are all inspiring me to keep going!!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Great job
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    you are AMAZING, thanks for sharing, I have PCOS and have struggled with my weight for years. You are beautiful girl and such great motivation for me!!

I think anyone that takes the steps to becoming healthy is Amazing! And thankyou! !!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are doing great. Keep it up
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    Congrats, you are doing great. Keep it up
    thankyou!
  • TiredOfMyself
    TiredOfMyself Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your curves are amazing, keep it up! :heart:
  • yoster28
    yoster28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and you are truly an inspiration to me! Keep it up ! My friend has PCOS ,she has major bloating, and horrible cramps during her menstrual cycle .I can remember the first time I saw her in pain. She was standing washing dishes then seconds later she literally dropped her body down in a 90 degree angel and screamed! I was freaked out. I am glad you have control over this because I know from my friends experience how excruciating the pain can be, God bless YOU!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • emmalousmom1
    emmalousmom1 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What an amazing progress shot. You have a beautiful waistline now! Be PROUD of yourself for fighting this disease and continuing to do so well on your weight loss journey!

Some people would argue that weight loss is not a journey, but I believe it is, You are entering a new phase in your life that requires motivation, dedication and mental strength, its about turning taking those problems and turning them into something positive, being healthy is almost like starting over! <3

thankyou for your support!
    [/quote
    Thank you for your story, my sisters both have pcos, and the complications later in life that go along with it, BUT my daughter who is 13 has inherited it:( we are going to Sick Kids in toronto in september for a consult, You are inspirational, can I add you?
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You are truly amazing, your determination is an inspiration to everyone, to never give up despite having medical problems that make things even more difficult than they would normally be, to lose weight! I am so happy that you are one of my special MFP friends, and I love seeing the progress that you are continuing to make. xxxx
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    What an amazing progress shot. You have a beautiful waistline now! Be PROUD of yourself for fighting this disease and continuing to do so well on your weight loss journey!

Some people would argue that weight loss is not a journey, but I believe it is, You are entering a new phase in your life that requires motivation, dedication and mental strength, its about turning taking those problems and turning them into something positive, being healthy is almost like starting over! <3

thankyou for your support!
    [/quote
    Thank you for your story, my sisters both have pcos, and the complications later in life that go along with it, BUT my daughter who is 13 has inherited it:( we are going to Sick Kids in toronto in september for a consult, You are inspirational, can I add you?

I would love if you added me. Kids especilally need to nip this in the *kitten* before it gets bad as they get older or have an attack. Its better that they have the correct eating and health habits before it gets out of control.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    You look amazing and you are truly an inspiration to me! Keep it up ! My friend has PCOS ,she has major bloating, and horrible cramps during her menstrual cycle .I can remember the first time I saw her in pain. She was standing washing dishes then seconds later she literally dropped her body down in a 90 degree angel and screamed! I was freaked out. I am glad you have control over this because I know from my friends experience how excruciating the pain can be, God bless YOU!:heart::heart: :heart:

yes the pain can be horrible. I feel for her, i truly do. Hopefully she gets well.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    You are truly amazing, your determination is an inspiration to everyone, to never give up despite having medical problems that make things even more difficult than they would normally be, to lose weight! I am so happy that you are one of my special MFP friends, and I love seeing the progress that you are continuing to make. xxxx

Sandy you are one of my main motivators ! I see you walk and eat right everyday! Thankyou for sticking with me on this bumpy journey of mine! It means a lot!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Way to go you look phenomenal! I'm hourglass too but dang I love the curves!
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Very inspirational. You look great! :)

I don't have PCOS but i have other hormonal issues that make weight loss challenging. (hypothyroidism and uterine fibroids that cause chronic anemia) Going gluten-free has been helping me too. :)

Your results make me want to try out Zumba. I currently go to Curves, and they had a Zumba class a while ago, but the timing didn't match up with my schedule. Sounds awesome though. :)
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Great motivation! keep it up!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    Amazing! Very inspirational. You look great! :)

I don't have PCOS but i have other hormonal issues that make weight loss challenging. (hypothyroidism and uterine fibroids that cause chronic anemia) Going gluten-free has been helping me too. :)

Your results make me want to try out Zumba. I currently go to Curves, and they had a Zumba class a while ago, but the timing didn't match up with my schedule. Sounds awesome though. :)

thankyou!! and I found that once i bought the DVDs i worked out harder and was more dedicated because i couldnt miss a class or be self concious about being around other people!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    Options
    Great motivation! keep it up!

thankyou! I plan on sticking to it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!