Oh the burn! And I'm not talking about muscles either!

Options
... or that to those sickos out there :P

I'm talking about my thighs rubbing together when i walk. It only does it at the top of my thighs, but holy moley. Any suggestions?

Replies

• D_Journey
    D_Journey Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    baby powder.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Body glide and/or compression shorts/tights.
  • UhohDanny
    Options
    Baby powder always does the trick.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Baby powder if you have some around but Body Glide is less messy.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Also good for long motorcycle and horse back rides.
    http://www.antimonkeybutt.com
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Antiperspirant always did the trick for me
  • hbbeth
    hbbeth Posts: 13
    Options
    So glad someone else brought this up! When I hike, it's usually for several hours and I've had to wear my husbands chonies after because I got so rubbed up. (Very embarrassing) Will body glide and baby powder work for long hikes? My concern is being in an area that is wide open and needing to reapply.

Beth
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    May not be comfortable or practical for all, but coconut oil(or maybe some other kind).
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So glad someone else brought this up! When I hike, it's usually for several hours and I've had to wear my husbands chonies after because I got so rubbed up. (Very embarrassing) Will body glide and baby powder work for long hikes? My concern is being in an area that is wide open and needing to reapply.

Beth

Body glide holds up through marathons so I think a long hike is doable.
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Gold bond sells an anti friction stick that works awesome. Once we got it we realized it looks and feels just like deodorant so that should do the trick.
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I call that "chub rub". Body Glide works great! $5 at a sporting goods store. And make sure you're wearing shorts NOT made of cotton - that will rub you raw for sure.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    In the uk we have one called lanacain anti chaffing gel, works like a charm!! Its great if you have shoes which rub too (top tip there)
  • cheyenneb
    cheyenneb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Monistat makes a chafing gel that's AMAZING. It feels like silk on your legs and helps me TREMENDOUSLY, especially in summer months and whenever I wear a skirt or dress. You can get it in the feminine area of the store.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lady speed stick or any other of those solid deoderant/anti-perspitants.

I used to use baby powder and it works, but it is messy to put on, especially to re-apply if you are out. Then I discovered those solid deoderants did the trick. First time I've been able to wear skirts in summer in decades.
  • lumpy_spaceprincess
    lumpy_spaceprincess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Does baby powder work all day? I currently wear leggings cut to short-length under skirts and dresses but that's a bit annoying.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Monistat makes a chafing gel that's AMAZING. It feels like silk on your legs and helps me TREMENDOUSLY, especially in summer months and whenever I wear a skirt or dress. You can get it in the feminine area of the store.

^^ This. It also doubles as dupe for smashbox photo ready primer. And it's cheap. My vote is for this product
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Honey
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use extra long compression style underwear. I find the regular ones will creep up into the crease of crotch. Get the good kind (I use Saxxs but that is no good to you), the ones that move moisture off of your skin.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Does baby powder work all day? I currently wear leggings cut to short-length under skirts and dresses but that's a bit annoying.

you need to reapply, which makes it a bit inconvenient if you are out and about.