Dinner before or after gym?

Options
I was talking to a friend about working out together when we got back to school and we were trying to figure out what time to work out in the evenings. I'm not sure if its better to eat dinner before or after a work out? Would a pre workout snack be better to fuel up before?

What works for you?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I like to have a snack first and then pound my dinner after. I couldn't workout with a full stomach, but you can do whatever feels good to you.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There's no "better", just whatever works for you. I prefer to eat dinner first. Then I drink beer after my workout.
  • jelly5454
    jelly5454 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a banana and a rice cake an hour before working out, which seems to give me the right energy, and then have dinner as soon as I get in.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You'll have to experiment to see what works for you. For me, I can't eat anything before a workout, so it's dinner after for me.
  • diaz28
    diaz28 Posts: 2
    Options
    I like to eat a little snack before.. so i don't feel faint and then dinner right after.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a little snack before.. so i don't feel faint and then dinner right after.

me too
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Whenever works for you. Once in a while I'll have a snack before I go (after work), but usually the last time I ate before working out was at lunch (usually 2pm). I prefer to load up on the majority of my day's calories after I do a workout, which is mostly free weights. It depends on your goals.