Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise for a working mum

Could anyone recommend an exercise plan or dvd that I could work round work, my 2 kids and my husbands shifts. I currently weight roughly 226lbs and I badly need to lose weight, so want to do something that is going to shift this weight. I was going to the gym but having returned to work after having my youngest, having the 2 kids and my husbands erratic shift pattern, I wasn't getting to the gym as often as I wanted or needed to.

Thanks for taking the gym to read this.
Kirst x

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is a great program and it's only 30 minutes. I've also heard wonderful thing about Leslie Sansone's Walking DVD's.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Any exercise can be worked around any schedule. What do YOU want to do?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    I suggest 4-5am workouts.
  • fattypops
    fattypops Posts: 1 Member
    Julian Michaels is an evil genius! She will definitely make you curse her but sweat buckets in any of her DVDs. I also like the series of DVDs by 'The Firm'.
  • SophK90
    SophK90 Posts: 56
    Hey!

I'm a working single mum and find it a nightmare to find time/babysitters to exercise!

I recommend an aerobics step. Wait until the kid(s) are in bed, put Eastenders on (or whatever you like!) and the time goes so quickly! You will be shocked how many calories are burned on that thing! SUCH a good investment!!!
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    How intense are you talking? I've heard good things about Focus T25, which is only 25 minutes. But I've never done it. I plan on getting it some day, because I don't have all day to exercise, and 25 minutes of focus is much easier for me to handle. I like intense. I'm doing Insanity right now while my husband is home for a couple of months.
  • Benedsmum
    Benedsmum Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I did start the 30 day shred and it was intense so might go back to that but will look into T25. I used to love the gym for some me time but unfortunately my husband works shifts, so he could be nightshift which starts at 8.30pm and finishes at 6.30am or dayshift he doesn't finish till 9pm, driving me to distraction.